• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui TU-9900

x2turbo

Well-Known Member
Picked up a T-9900 off CL recently. Not a score but a fair price. I've always wanted a Sansui Integrated and Tuner combo and thought this was a good start.

Now I have to find an AU to match. Maybe a 11000 or 20000 if I can find it for a reasonable price. In the meantime I'll hook it up to my Marantz 1060 after I get a chance to go over it.

DSCN0410.jpg


DSCN0411.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Wow that is sweet. The TU-9900 is supposed to be one of Sansui's very best tuners. You will love it I'm sure!
 
your disgustingly organized shop shames me....


Check the resistors too. I've found them out of spec in those and it makes them act 'strange'.

Congrats! :banana:
 
your disgustingly organized shop shames me....


Check the resistors too. I've found them out of spec in those and it makes them act 'strange'.

Congrats! :banana:

I only straightened up the corner that was in the pic ;)

I have 150bft of QS white oak taking up the rest of the worktops waiting for me to get motivated to cut it up into a couple of bed side tables
 
IMHO the TU 9900 is the best analog tuner ever made, but I am biased.

I read the same thing. I have the AU 9900 but couldn't find the matching tuner at a reasonable price. Also, very few FM stations where I live. I rarely use the radio for that reason. I had it good when I lived near NYC.
 
I would say, the TU9900 is one of the best tuners ever made.
There is also the X1 by Sansui, a KT917 by Kenwood, a K&H 2000 by Klein und Hummel, a REVOX B760...
Unfortunately I only have the TU9900, KT917 and Revox B760.
 
Back
Top Bottom