Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
View attachment 1420646
Here is the fault report along with a video of it working it sounds absolutely awesome and I bet it’s only gonna sound even better once I get the MP-110 Cartridge.
Small world...
Had my eye on this for a short time, and nabbed it today...
Smooth as silk, quiet as a mouse, and I can't wait for the budget, to afford a nice new cart.
Been a Shure V15 fan for many years, looking to try something else, in my old age... Recommendations?
That is a beautiful TT. I wish Sansui had taken that styling direction with some of their other high end tables. But, most got the gloss black treatement. Now, that looks good, but sometimes I'd like something a bit different. The XR-Q7 surely fits that bill.
Not sure about a cart/stylus suggestion. Hopefully others here with a more serious vinyl habit than I can direct you well enough on that.
Glad to hear you got your XR-Q7 up and working.i have three of them, all used to work and each have failed now which is a real shame.
I'm in Australia and I seriously doubt anybody has the expertise to work on these.
I've long suspected the issues stem from a very simple problem, being the led/light sensor path on the tone arm which allows the logic function to work properly.
My last working one has a Nagaoka MP-110 on it and has just started exhibiting the dreaded tone arm return to rest function and never lowering then the motor to the tone arm stopping.
One of my other units had a failed LED which is also impossible to find now so I may swap the light sensor board over and see if that cures my last failed unit.
I absolutely love mine and we as a community really need to try and save as much of these amazing sounding turntables from the dump.
Thanks for giving me something to try. I pulled mine down this arvo so will have a crack at swapping parts tomorrow.
I know this a old thread but I just picked up a Sansui ER-Q5 in mint condition but know lid. They guy a bought if from said the last time he plugged it the platter moved in the opposite direction. He said plug it in or I'm just going to toss it! We'll i plug in it in and the platter spun in the correct direction. So guy give me 40 bucks for it! I oly had 30 bucks on and he took it. I got it home and the underside looked just as new as the outside! I removed all the grease from gears and added new grease. Just a little goes a long way. Then I cleaned out all the old oil and replaced with new. Then I removed the control panel and cleaned all the switches and contacts on the ribbon cables. It doesn’t look like the original head shell but it is from a Sansui brand TT. Two issues! One the green light for Q lock stays on all the time. But I did to a speed check with my phone and nearly dead on! Both 33 and 45. Everything else seems to function as intended. Now the cartridge is two short so I improvised and made the screw slots longer to gain some length to get to proper 16mm overhang. I still short about a 1/4''. But I mounted a cart and snd sounds good! So if anyone has a head shell for XR-Q5 TT that they want to sell let me know! My email...michaelrosato1965@gmail.com! Plus if anyone has any input on why the Qlock light stays on please let me know! Plus what are the black knobs on the side of the tonearm for? Its a beautiful TT and i hope it stays running for a very long time! I posted a couple pictures! Thank you!!
Hi there, I know this is an old thread but I have 3 (yes 3) non functioning XR Q7 tables and was hoping you could tell me who your tech was as I'd love to get at least one of them up and running again. Glad you got yours working and hope you're still using it on a daily basis.