• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sanyo LA1837 Tuner Chip

dinger

Active Member
So I have a NAD C427 tuner that uses this chip. The tuner has no signal meter but some data sheet research reveals this chip does have a signal strength output. (0 to 0.2V)
I assume the tuner is only using this to select when to pause a scan or when to kick in mono blending. What are the chances I could tap into this for actual signal strength monitoring? I've scouted out both analog and powered digital voltmeters suitable for the task. I can make the connections no problem. I guess my concern is loading the circuit too much or this is just a silly idea.
 
Register to hide this ad
yes - pin 11 goes from "typical" readings of 0.1 to 4.3 V for weak signals (0 dBu) to strong (100dBu) signals. Most modern voltmeters have a high impedance input, i.e. 1M ohm or greater. Check it's data sheet. I would use shielded cable for a permanent connection.
In general, this pin can also be used to peak the L and C for RF alignment on tuners without a signal meter. Alternately, one can probe the IF signal path for RF alignment.

1791036654103.png
 
Back
Top Bottom