• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Sanyo MG26 Cartridge Any Good?

Isaac C.

Cat Hoarder
Hello everyone, I have a Sanyo MG26 cartridge that I know nothing about. Is this cartridge worth getting a JICO for? The cartridge came with a Sanyo TP 1000 turntable, the specs lists it as 25db channel separation and 20hz -25khz response.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello everyone, I have a Sanyo MG26 cartridge that I know nothing about. Is this cartridge worth getting a JICO for?

The cartridge came with a Sanyo TP 1000 turntable, the specs lists it as 25db channel separation and 20hz -25khz response.

The only replacement that JICO makes for it is a conical.
https://www.jico-stylus.com/product_info.php?cPath=16&products_id=919

Maybe an elliptical stylus from another model would fit as well. :idea:

There are less costly replacements from other source on the net.
 
The only replacement that JICO makes for it is a conical.
https://www.jico-stylus.com/product_info.php?cPath=16&products_id=919

Maybe an elliptical stylus from another model would fit as well. :idea:

There are less costly replacements from other source on the net.

I know the JICO is more, but I'm a bit skeptical of the $10-20 generic styli out there. Any experience with Astatic brand styli?
JICO also makes a SAS stylus for the Kenwood V43 cartridge that would fit the Sanyo, but it is $195.
 
I know the JICO is more, but I'm a bit skeptical of the $10-20 generic styli out there. Any experience with Astatic brand styli?
JICO also makes a SAS stylus for the Kenwood V43 cartridge that would fit the Sanyo, but it is $195.

So so experience with Astatic brand, some very good and some very average stylus.

Perhaps there is a line contact type stylus that would fit the cartridge.

If JICO would make a SAS for it, there should have been a in between (LC) stylus for it at one time. :idea:
 
Back
Top Bottom