• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sanyo Turn Table 825D

Register to hide this ad
Actually a cursory search in this Turntable forum says otherwise. Others seem to think it's a great table. Sanyo's are recognized as high quality tts that tend to go unnoticed. If KentT says it's an excellent table then I'd take that as pretty high praise. Provided it's in great working condition I think it's worth the $100. However I live in LA where that's considered a borderline steal.
 
Actually a cursory search in this Turntable forum says otherwise. Others seem to think it's a great table. Sanyo's are recognized as high quality tts that tend to go unnoticed. If KentT says it's an excellent table then I'd take that as pretty high praise. Provided it's in great working condition I think it's worth the $100. However I live in LA where that's considered a borderline steal.

It sold brand new in the mid 80's for a mere 2 bills. How good do you suppose it really can be; lol?
 
It sold brand new in the mid 80's for a mere 2 bills. How good do you suppose it really can be; lol?

Where are you getting your information? It is a table from 1976. No table from the mid 80s looked like this.

Hopefully you didn't scare the OP from what looks to be a damn good table.
 
Where are you getting your information? It is a table from 1976. No table from the mid 80s looked like this.

Hopefully you didn't scare the OP from what looks to be a damn good table.

2002 Orion audio blue book says; TP825D made from 81-86; retailed for $200. It might look nice but looks can be deceiving. Now if it was the Plus Series then it would be a worthwhile tt. I'm thinking lightweight plastic here since it's coming from a electronics company mainly noted for it's lower end gear.
 
that's very strange because the service manual at vinyl engine shows April 1976 and that design and body style looks a lot more like 19 seventies than 19 eighties are you sure that they didn't just rename a later version?and again I am NOT speaking out of conjecture so much as the posts that have been listed pertaining to the very good performance. of course it's not going to be a high end table but given the average cost for used table these days the asking price is not unreasonable.

the fact that the plus series has such a radically different design and a much more 80's design I think points out a discrepancy.
 
Well one of them is obviously wrong. I dunno which one but I do know the 2 completed sales I just saw on ebay didn't fetch much money. One ended for $36.00 and the other for best offer. I didn't look any further.
 
Well one of them is obviously wrong. I dunno which one but I do know the 2 completed sales I just saw on ebay didn't fetch much money. One ended for $36.00 and the other for best offer. I didn't look any further.

Lol then that's a sleeper I can keep my eye out for on the bay then. Ebay prices are in direct correlation to the amount of AK coverage.

Seriously though I've only spent a few minutes researching here and VE and although there are not a huge amount of posts most of them give the table a big thumbs up including a couple of front page reviews at the VE library, which doesn't happen often.
 
I agree with wushuliu that it's a mid 70s TT. I recently sold a very nice TP625 for a touch over $100. I still have the owner's manual and it's the same as the one pictured in the CL ad. If the D in the model number signifies direct drive and if it's of similar quality to my (ex) belt drive then I'd consider this a pretty good deal, not a screaming score but a good deal. IMO.
 
I had a 825D. The plinth is made of thin particle board and covered with vinyl. Nowhere near as solid a plinth as the Pioneer PL-512 and up series. I had a Sanyo Plus series, and I was not impressed with it compared to the 825D. The lower rung plus series I had had a push button for cuing, and it either flung the needle up hard, or plopped it down hard.

To me, the condition of gear plays a role in its cost. If you can get a clean and decent working TT with a cart for $100, to me it beats spending a little less for something that has problems and may not be a looker. I would view the 825D as a decent TT for $100 as long as it functions like it should.
 
Sanyo 825d

I have one and currently use it. It is direct drive from the mid 70s.

I believe it is a CEC design.

The arm is pretty nice and works well with a Shure M97xe.

I picked up mine for $30 on craigslist. Mine had a hazy dustcover, but had all 4 feet and keeps a steady speed and the auto-return works.

I would say this unit in very nice shape would be worth $100.

By that I mean good dust cover, has all 4 feet, the cue and return work, and it holds a steady speed.

I still use mine and am happy with it. I think it is a good journeyman music player.

Thanks


Rich
 
Back
Top Bottom