• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sauteed Chicken Breast Dinner

MunchsUncle

New Member
Here is a simple dinner loaded with nutrition. For two adults use two chicken breasts and two sweet potatoes.

Hardware: High walled cast iron pan with a lid. Visions sauce pan with a lid. Microwave oven, shallow cast iron pan, and an 8 inch cast iron pan.

Stuff to make it with: Boneless skinless chicken breast. Butter flavor nonstick cooking spray or EVOO. Sea Salt Grinder, Black Pepper Grinder, Peppercorn Medley Grinder, Steak Seasoning Grinder. Raw Green Beans. One small Sweet Potato. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray. Martha White Sweet Yellow Cornbread and Muffin Mix, One Egg, 1/2 Cup Milk, a little white vinegar, and natural honey.

Put a small amount of water in the shallow cast iron pan. Boil the green beans in it at high temperature to purify them. Take them out and put them in the Visions pan and boil them with the lid on until they are cooked and snappy.

Take one Chicken Breast and salt it with the sea salt and pepper it real good. Set the high walled pan on medium high and spray the cooking oil in it or a little EVOO. As one side is browned put a little EVOO on it and then turn it and put a little on the other side after it is browned. Sprinkle with Lemon Juice after it is cooked. The reason I left this out is the cost.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Grease an 8 inch cast iron pan and put it in the oven for 7 minutes. Pour the cornbread mix as instructed in the pan after it is heated and cook for 17 minutes or more depending on your altitude.

The Sweet Potato will take 4 minutes in a 1100 watt Microwave oven if it is small. Larger potatoes dont taste as good as the small or skinny ones do.

The chicken takes maybe 30 minutes of medium heat after browning with the lid on the pot. Turn it every now and then and divide it if you want it to cook faster.

The green beans will be done when they get done. Just take one out and put a little white vinegar and a little salt and pepper on it and see if it is good. You can use a slow cook and cooked bacon, but bacon is high in price and cholesterol.
You may steam the green beans as opposed to any slow cook. There are microwave steamers, but I have not had good luck with steaming anything in a microwave.

The I Can't Believe It Is Not Butter spray is mostly for the Sweet Potato, the corn bread and the Green Beans after they are done. The honey is for the corn bread and the buttered sweet potato.

See my Honey Ice Tea recipe for the drink. This should fill up two grown adults for about 10 bucks, and it is very good for you. Use part of a real Lemon in you tea glass, not in the whole pitcher.

The object is to eat well and easily cook it and not spend any more money than you have to, just make sure you cook your food until it is done. You could drink a little wine with it, but I am a Country Boy and know nothing of wine.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
That's some good recipes there, MunchsUncle. Great spices & utensils you are using to cook some fine tasting chicken breasts.

I am sure ole Mulester7 will be stopping by with his culinary talent to offer some wisdom.

One thing I add as seasoning to my chicken recipe that you did not list is "Tarragon."
A little pungent, but wow it does offer some added aroma & flavor to chicken.

Jus' sayin',
Rome
 
The whole idea is to cut costs. The green beans are the Limits of the meal. I don't know a lot about green beans, but I know that some recipes drown them in hog fat. My objective is to purify the food and ingest it happily.
 
Last edited:
Really if you don't like something in the meal, just replace it with something that costs more. The whole objective is to not spend any more money than necessary. Real Butter is real expensive unless you live in a college town that has an ag program and sells the butter they make. One must shake up the bottle of I Can't Believe It Is Not Butter Spray to make it taste right. I got the tip about ICBIINBS from a real live Chef.
 
I'd definitely substitute real butter. It's no more expensive than most margarine brands. It's $2.50/lb around here. Is it that much more expensive where you live?
 
I get 15 oz. of Land of Lakes real Butter spread here for $4.79. A pound of butter here is $4.00. The idea is to go in the store and pluck the items, say for a cheap date night with a woman where you don't want to fill your larder with groceries, you just want to get the stuff for the meal. Kroger spreadable butter was only $1.59 for 6 or 7 ounces. The I can't believe it is not butter will last a long time and was about $1.89. Like I say the person that turned me on to ICBIINB was a female chef.

A vegetable cooker for a stove pot would be easy to come by. Most of them steam the vegetables. In general steamed vegetables are eaiser to come by off a stovetop than a microwave. I simply do not trust a microwave oven to get it right in a predictable manner. Steaming your green beans would be the best way, I guess, but you would have to buy a steamer either for the stove or the microwave. I prefer the stove top method, and a limit on anything beyond bacon as a flavor.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom