• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SC-3330 Question

I have a SC-3330 that seems to have an issue with the tape transport. Lots of cassettes that play fine in my Akai GXC-725D will not play well in the SC-3330. I don't think this is an issue with tapes binding (It could be I guess, but the Akai has no trouble). It also seems to have trouble rewinding and fast forwarding when the spool is full on one side of the cassette. I've replaced all of the belts, and the capstans look fine. Is it possible that the motor is weak? Any advice on what I should look for to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
rickrob2 said:
I have a SC-3330 that seems to have an issue with the tape transport. Lots of cassettes that play fine in my Akai GXC-725D will not play well in the SC-3330. I don't think this is an issue with tapes binding (It could be I guess, but the Akai has no trouble). It also seems to have trouble rewinding and fast forwarding when the spool is full on one side of the cassette. I've replaced all of the belts, and the capstans look fine. Is it possible that the motor is weak? Any advice on what I should look for to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks
Problem in rewinding and fast forwarding is caused by worn out rubber on F.R Idler. (No 110 in exploded view) For playing issue have you checked the Pinch Roller
 
Back
Top Bottom