• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

SC-5330 Does it hold it´s own?

Register to hide this ad
This is a decent deck but not up to the best from ReVox, B&O, Tandberg, ReVox, or Nakamichis. Nothing wrong with one when working but it's none of the above decks.
 
Tape decks: I learned my lesson the hard way (the expensive way)...too many moving parts. End of my story, never again.

And I'd love to have a Sansui tape deck. Got a ton of 'collectors' hard, to impossible, to find music on cassettes. Well, not a ton, only about 45 cassettes or so.

On a brighter note...the clear plastic dust covers make for a nice tray in your top dresser drawyer. Can't beat it, it's Sansui!
 
Last edited:
I guess most people would write this deck off as it does not have a dual capstan drive or 3 heads. But, it is still an excellent deck and I really like the sound of mine. Beautiful solid machine, looks great with rack ears too.
Tony
 
Read a long time ago that, IF that's the model with the 'push buttons controllers on the front' - that there was an issue with them. :dunno:
 
I have a SC-5300, it works well and sounds good. But it is most assuredly not in the same class of performance as the highly regarded Naks and such. A solid effort, especially from Sansui, who did not specialize in tape technology (as was also true of their few open reel decks), but I'd put it in more of a very slightly upper midrange level product, out of the totality of cassette decks produced in that era.
 
Surprisingly, mine has maintained proper alignment and azimuth, despite me never touching those in over 20 years now. Admittedly, it has seen very infrequent use. I did belts and such maybe 10 years ago.
 
Back
Top Bottom