• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Schematic needed for Scott LK-30A/B or 200A/B

Wharfcreek

Jack of all trades, master of none!!
Staff member
Moderator
Subscriber
Seeking a copy of a schematic for subject amp(s). Unfortunately all I can find anywhere (including here on AK Database) is a copy of the 'C' version of said amps. Significant differences exist, and I'd like a proper road map if I can get one. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks, Tom D.
 
Register to hide this ad
KC,

Thanks, but that's the same "C" version that I already have. There are some significant differences in the C vs the A/B versions, both in the PS section as well as the Bias circuit. Probably more, but I won't know until I get one to compare to. I appreciate the attempt........ but this seems to be the same issue I've been running into on every other portal I try. They all come up with the 'C'. Hopefully someone out there will have an A/B and can email it to me. WC
 
Sorry. To bad places list it wrong. I saw what you are talking about. I'll keep googling for you...
 
Thanks KC...... I appreciate the effort! I found most sources that listed anything earlier actually had the 'C' version on file when I pulled them up for viewing and down loading. You're right...... listing errors! UGH! Thanks again! Tom D.
 
Bump..... Still in need of this schematic. I re-installed the multi-cap on my unit tonight, along with installing a new AC cord. I actually made a change from the way the unit came apart. In my unit, the OT Center Taps, Output Tube Grids, and the first stage of the PS filter cap (60uf) were all attached directly to the rectifier output. I noted that on the 'C' version of this amp they used a 33 ohm / 7 watt resistor to connect from the rectifier to the first stage PS filter....and had the OTs and Grids attached to the cap after the resistor. I had a nice Dale 39 ohm / 10 watt resistor......so I'm using it from the rectifier to stage 1. While I had the multi-cap out, I ran it on my Tel-O-Mike Cap tester.....and more or less 're-formed' it while out. It's in really good shape....with really low leakage. So, hopefully it's good in the amp. It's back in for now anyway. There's one other multi-cap that I am forming now. I have the amp on a variac at about 50 VAC and I'm seeing about 110 VDC at stage one of the PS filter. I REALLY need the schematic.....or, if not that, at least the early unit bias setting procedure. I only have one pot on my unit, and there's a 22 ohm resistor to ground that also has the test point attached to it. I assume that's the bias set test point.....but what' method' to use I'm unsure of. Maybe I just set it until I read .35 volts on it? Dunno........ Help needed!!! WC
 
BUMP! Still in need as per Post #1. Didn't think it would be that 'rare' a document. Any help is appreciated. Many thanks, WC
 
Back
Top Bottom