• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Schiit Mani 2 phono box setup?

ccawker

Active Member
So i just picked the Mani 2 up and a/b it with a Fosi S2.From my point of view the Fosi is much warmer and the Mani is a little bright but I think i don't have the settings correct on the Mani.
I'm using an Ortofon 2mBlue on each tt,and Ning it thru a Sansui AU717.
One caveat,if this matters,but the Fosi is being played thru a Pro-ject Debut 3 and the Mani 2 is the Fluance RT87,If that makes a difference.
The settings underneath that I have on the Mani i don't know if they are correct for the system.
 

Attachments

  • 20260922_102451.jpg
    20260922_102451.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 17
Register to hide this ad
So i just picked the Mani 2 up and a/b it with a Fosi S2.From my point of view the Fosi is much warmer and the Mani is a little bright but I think i don't have the settings correct on the Mani.
I'm using an Ortofon 2mBlue on each tt,and Ning it thru a Sansui AU717.
One caveat,if this matters,but the Fosi is being played thru a Pro-ject Debut 3 and the Mani 2 is the Fluance RT87,If that makes a difference.
The settings underneath that I have on the Mani i don't know if they are correct for the system.

Depending on your phono cables you may have too much capacitance for that cart with the current setting. Try switching the 47PF & 100PF dip switches back to O which should bring you back to the factory setting of 47pf (plus whatever your cables are). You can also try just having the either the 47PF or the 100PF set to I to gradually increase the capacitance to see what you prefer.

Too much capacitance can make some MM carts sound harsh.
 
Back
Top Bottom