• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Schizophrenic cassette tape deck?

juptonstone

Member at Large...
I have a pioneer model CT-F4242 cassette deck. When I try to play it through my system the left meter and the left channel do not work... But if I plug my headphones into it, everything works perfectly; the meters work and both channels work... The only strange thing is that when I stop the tape and if I leave the headphones plugged in the right channel decibel meter goes right up to the center and stop there but the left one stays normal.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of anything like this and if you have please tell me what it is!
 
Register to hide this ad
Exercise the RECORD switch 10-15 times and see if that alleviates the problem. A common problem in old decks with dirty record switches. Use a blank tape.

Dave :music:
 
Back
Top Bottom