• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Score- bay Advent II's- $5!

Fasterdamnit

Super Member
edit: Title should say Baby Advent II's.

I answered a CL ad for a TT, and a bunch of "small old speakers".


Speakers turned out to be a set of Baby Advents, and a neat little set of JVC front HT speakers with folded horn subwoofers and two 3" drivers with seperate inputs in the back. The drivers in the Babies looked mint.

All were quite dirty- one badge missing on the Advents. I washed the grills, scrubbed the wood and hit it with a fast shot of Pledge.

They cleaned up very nice. They sound great! Much better than my JBL 62's in the garage. Unfortunately, after cranking Floyd for 10 minutes, one foam started to tear. re-foam to come. These are killer little bookshelves.
:thmbsp:

picture.php


picture.php


:banana::banana:
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
They cleaned up very nice. They sound great! Much better than my JBL 62's in the garage. Unfortunately, after cranking Floyd for 10 minutes, one foam started to tear. re-foam to come.

They seem pretty good! I guess they were pretty old, to have that issue on the speaker. Good luck with the repair!
 
If you have soldering skills, run over to Parts Express and get some new film caps for the crossover (and some others for your other speakers while you're at it). The crossovers for the Baby Advent II's are PCBs, so replacing the one cap per crossover is pretty easy. Don't know the value off hand, though, sorry. What I do know, however, is that it makes the treble more defined, and is well worth the small investment. However, as was said before, do not play them until you refoam them.
 
They are idle until new surrounds go in. Good point on the caps. Just finished another pair with Dayton Polys and I I am quite pleased. Thanks for the tip.

:music:
 
Back
Top Bottom