• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scored a 2238 with wood cabinet on CL

Juniperlater

Active Member
Scouring CL this evening, I notice a 2238 for $75 about an hour from my house. That is probably not enough to get me to make the drive at 8pm. However, when I clicked the link, I noticed that it came with a wood cabinet. I emailed him and got it! The cabinet is a little scuffed, but I have wanted one for a long time. I hope it fits my 2270. It is at the shop and I don't get it back for 2 more weeks.

Anyone know if this cabinet will fit my 2270?


It is like this one. It has these weird little beige/yellow dots on the tuning dial.

I will post some good pics tomorrow when I get the bulbs in.

2238.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
The wc-22 should still fit your 2238b. It's just not the orginal look. In my personal view, I think the 22 is a much nicer cabinet than the 122. I have also been pondering buying a cheapie with a cabinet for my 2226b, which looks just like yours, just not quite as powerful.
 
Ignore the above post, I confused the receivers.



However you could resale the cabinet they aren't so easy to find. I have been looking for one myself
 
That cabinet is the WC 22. Yes, it will fit the 2270.

Nice snag!!! I have a 2238 (no cab) that is pretty beat up. I might have to sacrifice it to someone who would like a project...that I way I can put the money toward fixing up my 6300....
 
I saw that ad on CL. Was pondering that myself, could not move fast enough on it.

Nice to see it was the real deal.

Even though I scored on my 2270 on the list, I've heard some of the deals can be shady.

Congrats.
 
I have had a lot of good experiences with CL in San Diego. I have sold a lot of Marantz receivers (given a lot of good deals) and have bought a lot of Marantz receivers (received a lot of good deals).

In what part of town do you live?
 
I live near La Mesa.

I like the CL also. Got my 2270 from it( I really like this receiver, always draws attention from guests to my home), along with some other items as well. I had read somewhere that at some point there were just some questionable people selling some questionable electronic equipment. Figure you just have to be carefull anywhere.

Yep, saw that receiver on CL, figured I'd never get to it in time. And I was right...LOL.
 
I have now done a thorough cleaning and the thing is pristine! The owner said that he had not really used it - he had a NAD 3020 and Adcom white faced amp. When I cleaned off the surface dust, the green of the circuit boards shined.

After removing the face and soaking it in dish soap and water, it looks brand new. I will post pics in the next day or two.

The only problem is that it has no feet since it was in the wood case. I have the wood case feet, but plan to use those with my 2270. I hope to use my 2270 feet on the 2238 when I get my 2270 back.
 
Adcom white faced amp.

Wonder what that is? Never seen one of those.

Nice score, I would love to have a woodcase but it seems like the only way you can get one for a reasonable price is if you buy it with it like you did. Enjoy the 2238!


TC
 
Really nice grain pattern on the case, almost looks like on the day it was made the maker was in a good mood and put a little extra flame in it for fun!
Craig
 
Back
Top Bottom