• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scored another smoker

Register to hide this ad
Nice pit. I have an old New Braunfels Smoker (prior to their purchase by Char-Broil) with that same size cooking barrel but a much smaller firebox. Lots of meat cooked in mine.That one should do the job nicely.

Alan
 
Almost ready for the new owner.

All the repairs were done with a tig welder. Bead blasted and applied an entire pint of rust-oleum 1200 degree paint. It was done right with 10 light coats and then baked on.

I'm currently finishing up a new log/ash tray out of 1/4" plate and angle iron. It should be good for the life of the smoker.





upload_2019-1-16_16-56-37.jpeg

Nice pit. I have an old New Braunfels Smoker (prior to their purchase by Char-Broil) with that same size cooking barrel but a much smaller firebox. Lots of meat cooked in mine.That one should do the job nicely.

Alan

Thanks! Didn't know that New Braunfels sold out. Good info. and I will keep an eye out for an older one for the next gift. The only ones I've seen were probably under the new ownership. I was keeping an eye out for a Klose, JJ, pitts&spitts and couple of others when I found this one. If you want to see some real smoker fab. skills, check out Texas Pitcrafters. I have a few in person pictures somewhere of their TOTL trailers. Second to none that I've seen so far.
 
As a Yankee who smokes, I must say. When driving across Texas it always amazes me seeing, Smokers in public places. Parks, rest areas etc.

Lucky to find a large Hibachi type grill up here in my area.

And abpeep, if I lived as close to Smitty's in Lockhart, as you, my heart would be clogged and my grin never ending.
 
Back
Top Bottom