• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scored EPI 100s for free

N9JCQ

Active Member
I was at my brother's house last night and we got on the subject of audio. I told him I renewed my interest in vintage audio having recently pick up some EPI 180s, a Sherwood 7100 and a basket case Fisher 400.

He mentioned that he had just cleaned up his garage and found a pair of EPI 100s (Ms I think?) that he had forgotten that he had owned. Did I want them? Hell yes.. A few nicks and scratches, a few snags on the grill but I have them. They appear to be later model 100s likely the Ms and will likely need to be re-foamed. I'll post pictures this week.

I now have his old EPI 150s that he forgot he gave me 10 years ago, some nice 180s I bought a few weeks ago, my re-foamed EPI 50s and now the 100s. I need more receivers, LOL
 
Register to hide this ad
Power them with that Fisher 400! Nice score, EPI 100s are a really good sounding speaker. Upgrade the cap and the binding posts and enjoy.
 
Everyone should have a brother like that. Nice EPI collection going there. I listened to that Rock and Roll concert on HBO last night on EPI 50s. Sounded good in my small living room.
 
I was at my brother's house last night and we got on the subject of audio. I told him I renewed my interest in vintage audio having recently pick up some EPI 180s, a Sherwood 7100 and a basket case Fisher 400.

He mentioned that he had just cleaned up his garage and found a pair of EPI 100s (Ms I think?) that he had forgotten that he had owned. Did I want them? Hell yes.. A few nicks and scratches, a few snags on the grill but I have them. They appear to be later model 100s likely the Ms and will likely need to be re-foamed. I'll post pictures this week.

I now have his old EPI 150s that he forgot he gave me 10 years ago, some nice 180s I bought a few weeks ago, my re-foamed EPI 50s and now the 100s. I need more receivers, LOL

We need pics, especially of the Fisher. :D

Somehow I doubt it could be any worse than my 400-C preamp.
 
That is great that you got those from your brother. Free is always good and a few scratches here and there won't hurt anything. Looking forward to the pics.
 
Fantastic! Out of curiosity, what is your brother listening to now? We want to know what you are going to get for free next.
 
You know, I am not sure what speakers he has... I'll have to ask him.. some towers but not sure. I'll post some EPI 100 pics this week, I promise! They need to be refoamed so I have another project to take care of...
As far as the 400 goes, I have pics here on the site @ http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=256581. I'll take some post mouse cleaning pics as soon as I am satisfied its done... Polishing corroded spots now with mothers mag cleaner/polish now. Hey for $60 I am not complaining. It works too.. sort of...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom