• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scott 260 amplifier modification.

OldStuff

Well-Known Member
I was wondering if any of might have seen this board on a Scott 260 amplifier before? It seems to be well made especially for the time the amplifier was around. It's not on the service manual and I have yet to find anything on the web that will show the inside of this amplifier. IMG_5691.jpegIMG_5694.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
Strange... tape and rumble. Honestly, I don't know what they use the rumble switch for, and I have no idea why you would need to modify the tape switch. My main concern is trying to figure out what the capacitance is of the three capacitors on the board. I'll probably ask if anyone knows anything about them in "General Audio Discussion". Being it is not listed on the capacitor and I have no schematic, and forget about reading them and going by that because most of these caps. give no reading or they are way out of range. This cap. says "A-602A CAP-A" and under that it says NC75.
 
I found a guy on Ebay who says these are made by Western Electric tantalum capacitors rated at 40uf 35v. I tested mine and they are reading between 42uf-44uf, so I'm going to keep mine.
 
Strange... tape and rumble. Honestly, I don't know what they use the rumble switch for, and I have no idea why you would need to modify the tape switch.

Wasn't it for filtering out low-frequency noise and feedback when playing vinyl? Like from warped records and bumps. Maybe it goes to the tape switch so you can filter when recording from vinyl?
 
Yes, I also thought rumble had something to do with playing vinyl. The board is split in two with both sides identical. Half for the rumble and half for the tape. I imagine back when this amplifier was being used, vinyl and tape was about the only two choices you had.
 
Back
Top Bottom