• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scott 272 & 330 Tuner

jazzmo

Member
:scratch2: I have a chance to trade some drum equipment for a Scott 272 and I think, a 330 tuner. I would would like to get some feed back on sound, phono stage etc.
The units look to be in nice shape and include wooden cases but I have not heard them or really inspected them yet.
 
Register to hide this ad
jazzmo said:
:scratch2: I have a chance to trade some drum equipment for a Scott 272 and I think, a 330 tuner. I would would like to get some feed back on sound, phono stage etc.
The units look to be in nice shape and include wooden cases but I have not heard them or really inspected them yet.

What is your drum kit worth?

The 272 is very desirable, perhaps even more so than the 296. It is a great sounding integrated too. I went out & got one after I heard one the first time around. They trade at the $500+ point.

The 330 is completely unmemorable. Looks cool but is a pig performance-wise. It has the minimum number of IF stages on the FM side to tune and even hooked up to a roof antenna barely pulled in the strongest signal. Whereas, my LT-110, 350, & 310-C were getting FM from out of state on the same antenna.
 
Scott 272/330D

:banana: Well I pulled the triger and got the Scott 272 & 330D. Both units are complete and look to be original down to the tubes. Also included are the owners manuals. I have been in touch with Craig of NOS Valves and will most likely send them off to him to refurbish.
 
Hows about some pics? I'm just finishing up te first stge of a 299C restoration. Looked hard at first, but with some patience it isn't so bad.
 
LPD said:
Hows about some pics? I'm just finishing up te first stge of a 299C restoration. Looked hard at first, but with some patience it isn't so bad.

If you took a look under the hood of a 272 you might start scratching your head fast. Entirely different beast!

Craig
 
Back
Top Bottom