• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scott 4310 Tuner , really the holy grail?

Register to hide this ad
Rare, beautiful, all-tube, brilliantly engineered. Lots of us would love to own one!
 
There were 3 pieces in the 4000 series line, this tuner, 4120 amp & 4100 preamp. I do not believe physical examples of the last two have ever been discovered and quite likely never existed as anything other than engineering or pre-production samples. These models came at the very end of HH Scott's tube era so the 4310 is unique. IMO it commands that price for rarity, hard core collector interest, and that it was by all accounts a ridiculously epic tuner.
 
Yup, one of only 4-5 I have seen for sale in the last 7-8 years. I own a Fisher FM-1000, but would really like to hear the Scott and the equally pricey and coveted REL Precedent. One also selling on AG now...
 
Back
Top Bottom