• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scott A440 pop

surfnsound

Active Member
Hi, I am running a beautiful Scott A440 amp which has, to my ears, a wonderful vintage sound. I ran it yesterday all day and suddenly while being in the shop I hear a loud "pop pop pop pop" that does not stop, louder then the music that was playing, probably around 4 loud pops per second, I think it was in the right loudspeaker only, but am not sure.

I run to the amp, turn it off immediately. Turn it on, pops again. Left it for two hours. In the evening I turn it on again, no more popping and its playing well since some days.

Any ideas what might have happened?

David
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom