• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scott PS-67a cueing lever

Go Giants

Super Member
Hi all, I have the subject deck. All functions work, except for the manual cueing. The lever really does nothing.

So I'm guessing it needs paste / damping fluid.

Is there an easy way to add the paste without disassembling things.

Can I try to force the damping fluid in where the lever is located? Is there a well there that would catch it?

It's a decent vintage deck...reminds me of my Pioneer PL 518 so I'd like to get it working as it should.

Thanks in advance.
 
Register to hide this ad
Great question!
I'll follow along in case someone has the knowledge to share, I have both the ps 87 and ps 97 with the same arm,I would like to add new damping fluid.
thank you
 
Getting to the spring mechanism should be quite simple on these decks. I've been in similar CEC tables. I don't think there is any other way by the looks of it.
 
Just ordered some damping oil with a syringe type applicator.

I can unscrew the lifter lever. My intention is to inject the oil into the hole. I'll update once I give it a try.
 
Just ordered some damping oil with a syringe type applicator.

I can unscrew the lifter lever. My intention is to inject the oil into the hole. I'll update once I give it a try.
If I understand correctly what parts your referring to,I don't think the damping fluid is in the hole that the lift lever screws into.
I'm pretty sure the fluid will be in a cylinder or well that the shaft of the tone arm lift pad goes into.
I haven't figured out how to remove the tone arm lift pad,afraid I might damage it if I try to force it with to much pulling pressure.
Like you,I picked up the damping fluid in the syringe.
Please keep me updated.
thank you
 
Yes, I agree with what you're saying.

I've been playing around a bit. I was able to get a small amount of oil into the area where the cueing lever sits. The lever worked a bit after I did it.

I'm guessing the turntable has just enough damping fluid for the auto features to work, but not enough for the manual cueing lever to work properly.
 
In auto mode, the mechanism helps with the cue function. In manual mode, it's all piston and spring. It's not hard to take the mechanism apart and re-apply the silicone.
 
Back
Top Bottom