Just picked up a Scott R307 receiver, circa 1977. I don't know the specs but seems to have a decent amount of power.
When switched on, the speakers play the audio immediately with no delay. Is this expected or a defect in the protection circuit?
If there is no protection circuit, I suppose there's a risk of DC from the power supply being fed to the speakers if an output transistor shorts, unless the output is capacitively coupled. I measured the DC offset before connect speakers and it was 0.02 and 0.03.
Is anyone familiar with this receiver and able to confirm what normal startup is like?
When switched on, the speakers play the audio immediately with no delay. Is this expected or a defect in the protection circuit?
If there is no protection circuit, I suppose there's a risk of DC from the power supply being fed to the speakers if an output transistor shorts, unless the output is capacitively coupled. I measured the DC offset before connect speakers and it was 0.02 and 0.03.
Is anyone familiar with this receiver and able to confirm what normal startup is like?