• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scratchy Sounding Amp / ugghhh

gyusher

-don't go round hungry-
I bought a MINT Kenwood KM-105 Amp a couple months ago. . .Finally got around to hooking her up today but the sound is scratchy and distorted. I know it is not a source componet or the Preamp or the interconnects.

I've turned the plug over and at this point that is it. . .still scratchy, worse with Loudness engaged. . .At a dead soft idle it ain't bad but add a little power and it is there. . .

Any thoughts? ? ?
 
Register to hide this ad
gyusher said:
I bought a MINT Kenwood KM-105 Amp a couple months ago. . .Finally got around to hooking her up today but the sound is scratchy and distorted. I know it is not a source componet or the Preamp or the interconnects.

I've turned the plug over and at this point that is it. . .still scratchy, worse with Loudness engaged. . .At a dead soft idle it ain't bad but add a little power and it is there. . .

Any thoughts? ? ?
Both channels?
 
Both channels equally. . . I did hook it to my tuner and used the variable output and noticed it being very 'noisey'. . .Thought it was the tuner. Now using my new preamp (matching the amp) it is still there. I guess I can do some little checking. . .I'm no tech.
Both pieces amp and preamp are perfect cosmeticaly. I have to fix it. . . Not expensive and not a critical piece but I like them and want them to work right.

You would think it is the tuner but it does exactly the same thing on all inputs using 3 different tuners and a tape deck. . .
 
Back
Top Bottom