• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Screw 4 Oracle TT - Help!

audiodiplomat

New Member
My shippers managed to shake off a lid screw from my Oracle Delphi Mk 1, and I can't find any similar replacements anywhere. Oracle Canada just seem to want me to buy a replacement Delphi Mk V i.e. just not interested. The lid is slightly askew due to 1/4 missing. Did anyone take off a lid for better sound quality or crack it, thereby retaining those darn little screws?

Kevin
 
Register to hide this ad
audiodiplomat said:
My shippers managed to shake off a lid screw from my Oracle Delphi Mk 1, and I can't find any similar replacements anywhere. Oracle Canada just seem to want me to buy a replacement Delphi Mk V i.e. just not interested. The lid is slightly askew due to 1/4 missing. Did anyone take off a lid for better sound quality or crack it, thereby retaining those darn little screws?

Kevin
I have no idea what sort of screw you are looking for. But when I come across a screw that I can't easily match, I go to a serious specialty screw and bolt store (yes they do exist). In Seattle I would just take one of these screws into Tacoma Screw. They have been able to make a pretty good match of almost anything I have thrown at them over the years. But be prepared to pay for a lot of 100 screws, to get just one.
 
I agree with goldear. Go find a specialty supplier of nuts and fasteners. Bring an original with you. They will have one or can cut one down to fit. I'm sure Oracle is not in the business of making proprietary screws for dustcover mounts.

Mike
 
Back
Top Bottom