• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Second Amp Receiver

Zack Sainz

Active Member
Hey All!

I am looking to get a second amp/receiver.

I stumbled upon a Marantz Model Twenty Two. I would either use it for my Dynaco A25s or KLH 6s I would do an A/B comparison.

The seller is saying that sometimes the left channel doesn’t respond.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Dunno - how technical are you?
Do you troubleshoot/chase problems, or farm it out for a tech to repair?
 
Dunno - how technical are you?
Do you troubleshoot/chase problems, or farm it out for a tech to repair?

Thank you for the reply!

Very good question.

I am fairly good at troubleshooting. I can do lightweight fixing and I want to learn more about deep repair work.
 
I can mod speakers and have updated crossovers, but don't dig into amps or receivers.
(I have not owned Marantz - but its a name that carries some weight)

Is it local, or do you have to buy it and get it shipped in?
What I'm getting at is - can you give it a listen before you buy?
If not - and if the price seems fair, it might be worth taking a shot at it anyway ...
 
I can mod speakers and have updated crossovers, but don't dig into amps or receivers.
(I have not owned Marantz - but its a name that carries some weight)

Is it local, or do you have to buy it and get it shipped in?
What I'm getting at is - can you give it a listen before you buy?
If not - and if the price seems fair, it might be worth taking a shot at it anyway ...

It’s local, and I might be able to get in for a test listen.

I do agree, the price is decent.

thank you!
 
Fix could be as easy as tech in the can, aka residue free contact cleaner. An old Marantz will need to be re-capped but that is part of the fun.
 
It sounds great!

It’s in very good condition!

It crackles when the volume and balance pots are changed.

I have it hooked up to my KLH 6s right now, tested with:

Steely Dan’s Jack of Speed
Stevie Ray Vaughan’s Tin Pan Alley
Massive Attack’s Teardrop
Andy McKee & Don Ross Rylynn
Radiohead’s Everything in its Right Place

Very smooth and detailed.

Im going to have a lot of fun with this!

Thank you everyone who has chimed in!
 

Attachments

  • 08D119A4-1DE7-42D0-BAD2-12CA23074808.jpeg
    08D119A4-1DE7-42D0-BAD2-12CA23074808.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 406AED4F-CB75-4F9F-9C3C-289AFB0A37B9.jpeg
    406AED4F-CB75-4F9F-9C3C-289AFB0A37B9.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom