• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Seeking a good Turntable $150 or less w/ pitch adjustment and headphone jack

Buckleyfan

New Member
A friend gave me some prize vinyl. I was enjoying my first turntable I bought to play them on till I realized it was pitched too high. Next one I ordered from Amazon wouldn't play. This one I just received has no headphone jack and won't bond with my pc on BT. Any suggestions?
 
Register to hide this ad
I should sell my prize opera albums? they sounded fine but were pitched too high.
No, I just mean that poor quality tables wear out your records faster. What kind of opera are you into? I was an opera major in college (lyric tenor at Boston Conservatory) and love the Italian Bel Canto works.
 
No, I just mean that poor quality tables wear out your records faster. What kind of opera are you into? I was an opera major in college (lyric tenor at Boston Conservatory) and love the Italian Bel Canto works.
I'll think about that. I don't listen that often at home... once a month. I love many types of opera,but Bel Canto is near the top of my list. I have many opera talks I've given on Youtube. I was given 40 vintage opera albums in mint condition by a friend with no scratches. If going around $300 would make a huge difference I might consider it.
 
No, I just mean that poor quality tables wear out your records faster. What kind of opera are you into? I was an opera major in college (lyric tenor at Boston Conservatory) and love the Italian Bel Canto works.
If anyone is reading,if I spend over $250 do I need to get a pitch adjustment feature or are they usually pitched correctly?
 
If anyone is reading,if I spend over $250 do I need to get a pitch adjustment feature or are they usually pitched correctly?
when you say the pitch on the turntable was off, what are you basing that on? Just from listening? My suggestion is to look for a quartz lock direct drive table. You won't need pitch adjustment on one of those unless the pitch on the recording is off. With a belt drive table, there is always the chance of the belt slipping. You can find lots of dd tables on Ebay. Technics are usually a good bet. No hi fi turntables I know of have a headphone jack. You'll most likely have a magnetic phono cartridge for which you'll need a phono preamp to amplify the signal and apply riaa equalization. Many should have a headphone jack. You could also connect it to the analog input on your computer and listen that way.
Or, if you know someone who has a good turntable and would be willing to burn the lp's to cd's for you, you wouldn't have to go through all that stuff of buying a tt, etc. I hope this helps a little.
 
Back
Top Bottom