• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Service for Yamaha CR-2040 Chicago area

Charlie C

New Member
Hello,
I am helping my elderly father sort through his belongings, and came across the receiver I remember from my high school days, and had forgotten about, a Yamaha CR-2040. It's in beautiful condition, but no sound comes out. I've tried all the inputs- tuner, phono, tape, aux (CD), even just headphones. Nothing. Display lights up. I live in the Chicago area, and would prefer NOT to ship this behemoth for servicing. I'm wondering if there is anyone locally (within 50 miles) who can work on this.
Thanks,
Charlie
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello and welcome to Audiokarma!

*Stereo Rehab is a great place to take your CR-2040.

Also, you could start a new thread in the Yamaha forum and possibly get some help there to get it running.
 
Hello and welcome to Audiokarma!

*Stereo Rehab is a great place to take your CR-2040.

Also, you could start a new thread in the Yamaha forum and possibly get some help there to get it running.
I appreciate everyone's help. Turns out, I live 11 miles from Stereo Rehab. Thank you!
 
Back
Top Bottom