• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Set me straight on correct punctuation of posting album titles and artists

Meggy, this is how I would list your album.

peeble.jpg


Ann Pebbles / I Can't The Rain
1974 Hi


If nobody likes this way, well then.....

$_35.JPG
 
If yall figure out something that works, get hold of Mercury, RCA, Decca, and Columbia et al and pass it on. Whoever titles the tracks for their CD collections must be shooting up crack. I've seen shorter credits rolling at the end of a movie.

I use jRiver Media Center as a front end on my HTPC, and it still truncates a lot of the tags when they hit the 256 character limit. Yikes! What's left is fairly useless, so I ended up renaming a LOT of titles in the library using the composer:work:track convention ... which I guess I more or less made up as I went. I can listen and appreciate without seeing the conductor and orchestra, as well as what they had for breakfast, displayed in the track titles. That's all available in separate tags if I want to know. Works for me anyway.

mc-folders02.jpg


And speaking of tags ... depending on where you post your list, many boards and software allow you to add tags that will make the titles a lot easier to find on a search. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top Bottom