• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

shaking my head in disbelief

Well, I don't know about your age ;) but the guy was an idiot.

According to him, all a speaker is good for now-a-days is for home theater use? Logic wasn't on his side.
 
cornies

I would still love to see a consumer Jubilee put into production someday, even if limited quanities are the only means possible.

Hey, after being discontinued for 20 some-odd years, the Cornwall IIIs have been resurrected...stranger things have happened, and the consumer Jubilee just might become a reality someday. :yes:

Now that is probably the one PWK system I could really live with. I'm afraid to listen to Coytee's J's since I might come away deaf and looking to divest all that I currently have.
 
Klipsch has real problems with their dealer network. I haven't checked in a couple years, but I believe it's "the impossible dream" to find a dealer anywhere in New York State (other than maybe the Big Apple) where Heritage speakers are on display, and ready for audition.

And yes, as many have pointed out, their product line is too diverse, too spread out, for any reasonably sized retailer to stock. And the cheapening of their product via China doesn't help their image either.

Some companies successfully front "two" lines - John Deere for instance - they have the cheaper, light duty lawn tractors they sell at Lowes, Home Depot, et al. Then they have their "real" heavy duty lawn equipment that's sold only by John Deere dealers.

But Klipsch - they've spread their "Reference" speakers into multiple tiers - and they change model numbers every year or two it seems - even I've lost track of their current product line.

I honestly think that Klipsch needs to trim its product line - substantially - and aggressively manage its dealers to ensure that their entire product line is available for audition in major markets.
Your wrong:nono:... AudioClassics in Binghamton carries Heritage line! I was there last week and listened to the Lascala's ....Holy Canolli!!! They reaaly sounded great paired w/ Mcintosh tube amp...I think MC240?? They also have the Palladiums in stock, but honestly I liked the lascala's better:thmbsp:
 
Your wrong:nono:... AudioClassics in Binghamton carries Heritage line! I was there last week and listened to the Lascala's ....Holy Canolli!!! They reaaly sounded great paired w/ Mcintosh tube amp...I think MC240?? They also have the Palladiums in stock, but honestly I liked the lascala's better:thmbsp:

A great many things can change in three years...
 
A great many things can change in three years...


Yes indeed. The Heritage line wasn't in the sound room during AudioKarma Day at AC back in August 2005. They did have some Klipschorns on the sales floor but it would have been a big deal to move them into the sound room and hook them up and I didn't even consider imposing on them to ask.

However, I believe it was March 2008 - I did audition Klipschorns at Audio Classics as they were in the sound room 'rotation' at the time. So yeah, things do change with the passing of years. Guess I forgot to go back and edit all my older posts to update- LOL!
 
Why is that??? Won't SOME people see these speakers and possibly "graduate" up to the larger when they want more??? Perhaps they will find places like here and the Klipschforum and purchase more...I bought my kg2s new in 1989...then I found Klipschforum and here and was thoroughly infected with the Heritage (mostly) bug...
a pair of Heresys, another pair of Heresys...KSF-S5s for rear surrounds in the HT...a stillborn KLF-C7 then an Academy...Klipschorns completely rebuilt with the new AK-4 networks and drivers (all new)...Quartets and then RB-5s...even 2 sets of those plastic fantastic ProMedia Ultra 2.0s from Bet Buy no less...;)
Bill

That's how it happend with me. I started with the Synergy line, and now have the Reference line for HT. That lead me to 2 pairs of Heresys, a pair of KG 4's and a pair of Chorus I's I have for 2 channel. Now I'm looking to move up from there.

Rocko
 
trade

Just bring along your wife and daughter.... (in case you want to trade) :scratch2:

My wife and I are separated. You may have her if you wish. No daughter, either. Just 5 different pairs of Ohm speakers to barter with.
 
Back
Top Bottom