• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sherwood S-7200

JoZmo

Super Member
I've got this old Sherwood S-7200 receiver that I started using again after about 25 years and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.... specs, where did it fall in Sherwoods line of receivers.

I started using it after selling my Denon A/V receiver and getting rid of my HT stuff and I got to say it sounds graet. I like it so much better than the Denon. It's got a nice warm sound and it tames my notoriously bright NHT's in the highs... a good match.


The only thing wrong is the volume knob, I get this scratchy noise when I turn it. Anyone know what I can do about this?

Anyway, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
JoZmo

Thats a great little sherwood. I have always been a fan of most of the S series. Your 7200 was third up from BOTL and made between 1973-76.Retail was around 340.00 when new. It puts out a very solid 20 WPC. The sherwoods of this time had a great warm clean sound and a are often passed over. Why ? just because there was alot of great gear made in those years. I still use my S-7100A alot its rated at 27 WPC and is an awesome little guy! As for the scratchyness in the Volume its mostl likely nothing that alittle Tuner cleane cant fix. We have a link to a page that outlines this procedure around here somewhere. Its around a 15 min job on your model at most. I will try to dig it up for you. In them meantime Enjoy her casue shes a great little ole girl...

Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom