• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sherwood ST-802 speeds up and down at will

Does anyone enjoy they're Sherwood TT's

  • You better believe it!

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Its no better than a Zenith! Hahah!

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1

marantzgrail

New Member
Good morning my fellow Audioholics!

I picked up a Sherwood ST-802 simply for the cartridge it was being used with. Now I've turned my attention to getting these TT's, receivers, etc to become usable once again.
My issue with the ST-802 is that when set on either 45rpm or 33rpm the table will speed up then slow right down over and over, should I just let it play for a few hours and see if it will work itself out or what do you think I should do? I must mention that the TT has a variable speed dial to tune in just the right rpm.
Do I open it up and clean the variable speed controllers with some Deoxit Gold as well as all the other electronics? What would you use to lubricate the servo and gears.

Lastly does anyone have a service or user manual for this particular TT?

Thanks very kindly!
 
Register to hide this ad
Good morning my fellow Audioholics!

I picked up a Sherwood ST-802 simply for the cartridge it was being used with. Now I've turned my attention to getting these TT's, receivers, etc to become usable once again.
My issue with the ST-802 is that when set on either 45rpm or 33rpm the table will speed up then slow right down over and over, should I just let it play for a few hours and see if it will work itself out or what do you think I should do? I must mention that the TT has a variable speed dial to tune in just the right rpm.
Do I open it up and clean the variable speed controllers with some Deoxit Gold as well as all the other electronics? What would you use to lubricate the servo and gears.

Lastly does anyone have a service or user manual for this particular TT?

Thanks very kindly!
I’m having the same issue. The guy I bought it from suggested cleaning the variable speed control stuff with something plastic, friendly as a first step. He didn’t mention the next steps, lol
 
Back
Top Bottom