• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Short video about Perreaux 1983

Register to hide this ad
Loved the video! Wow is that we looked like in the 80's?

Amazing to watch the build process of Perreaux, they had quite an operation going on there. I used to work at an audio store that was a Perreaux dealer, and we sold a decent amount of their product.

As I recall it could be a tad spirited in the top end, but overall it was very nice stuff. I am not a collector, or a bit vintage buff, but I wouldn't mind owning a Perreaux stack, especially for the fond memories it brings back.

Regards
Mister Pig
 
I like the way they impressed the shop keepers, instant proof of solid construction and confidence in their design.

VLD-12 ribbons and my Perreaux E2 (1989-?) does exceptionally well, but the ribbons really like mosfet amps, BJT's tend to make them sound a bit harsh and sharp, with mosfets they are smooth as butter, clear as diamonds and unbelievably detailed.
When listening to the recent digital recording of 'Tubular Bells' I can't tell that those glass bells and tubular bells are actually reproduced by speakers, the sound seem to be coming from the air where the bells would have been, quite amazing to listen to.

Edit: and the Bladerunner soundtrack, oooh yeah!
 
Last edited:
How about them throwing the amps around while they test played them? Great video, i wish I still had my PMF2150B, it was a real bruiser.
Jim
 
Loved the video! Wow is that we looked like in the 80's?

Amazing to watch the build process of Perreaux, they had quite an operation going on there. I used to work at an audio store that was a Perreaux dealer, and we sold a decent amount of their product.

As I recall it could be a tad spirited in the top end, but overall it was very nice stuff. I am not a collector, or a bit vintage buff, but I wouldn't mind owning a Perreaux stack, especially for the fond memories it brings back.

Regards
Mister Pig

I feel exactly the same way, I am very tempted whenever a nice SM-3/PMF3150 or 3350 shows up for sale because I also have fond memories of selling Perreaux in the 80s.
 
Great video! I am the proud owner of a Perreaux SX-1 preamp. I love the sound from that preamp. Wouldn't mind having one of their amps.
 
Back
Top Bottom