• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Should I grab these Koss cm/1020?

cryptowillem

Active Member
Hey all! No affiliation on these, but I wanted your opinion.

http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-Koss-cm-1020-W0QQAdIdZ426221274

I've read a few forum discussions about these speakers, mostly saying that they sound very nice, but often need a fair bit of work to replace switches, resistors, caps, etc. Also, as can be seen in the pic, the dust caps have been virtually flattened back into the woofers, such that even if they were popped back out, I think they'd be creased pretty bad. I asked him about the grilles, and he told me they were destroyed long ago.

All that considered, they do look really nice, with the rounded corners and brass handles and the like. Do you think I should jump on these?

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
Yep! You'll like them! And you could literally jump on them too - they are solid! Too bad about the grills...
They're a hard one to sell due to the size, and even more so with no screen. I have the 1030, paid $125 - and they had been for sale for awhile. Mine are complete and in fantastic shape - I would think $50 or $60 for those 1020s would be fair.
Either way - they'll sound way better than anything else you can get for under a hundred!
 
...They're a hard one to sell due to the size, and even more so with no screen. I have the 1030, paid $125 - and they had been for sale for awhile. Mine are complete and in fantastic shape - I would think $50 or $60 for those 1020s would be fair.
Either way - they'll sound way better than anything else you can get for under a hundred!

Yeah, it's a shame that the good Koss stuff doesn't sell... there's a pair of bookshelf Koss that's been on CL forever, and cheap, too! They look nice.
 
Back
Top Bottom