• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Should I include the SACD format in my main system?

I have a couple of her SACDs on the way.
I have to say that both DSD ( and.dff, dsf) files and ISOs sound very good. Is there a better choice than Foobar as a player? I do have both the DSD and SACD components installed.

I have tried Foobar, Nightingale, VLC, Kodi, Media Monkey, Music Bee, Virtual DJ and JRiver. I keep and use Media Monkey and Music Bee on my music server laptop. I don't know whether either offers DSD or SACD (from ISO) playback as none of my DAC's do either. However, IMO they both have a much better interface than Foobar. It's also easier to change their look and layout. Both support WASAPI.

My portable does DSF files and they sound very good.
 
I myself did not like the sound of Foobar. I thought it was lifeless and Dull.

http://www.hysolid.com/ might be one to try. You do need a phone to use it though.

There are the other usual suspects - JRiver, Roon, etc.

I was a big jRiver fanboy, until I met ROON.

BTW, that Hugh Masekela Hope recording shows with a DR number of 11 as ROON sees it. Shows higher in the dynamic range database.

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 5.24.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 5.39.32 PM.png
 
Back
Top Bottom