• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show us your LIGHT SHOW!

If you don't think you've got the room for something big, how about a light show you can wear? I've still got a pair that's got to be 30 years old that uses wheat grain bulbs and gel film that spins, built into an old set of goggles.

High tech version. Feed yourself sound with the headphones, your brain processes it and outputs it as light patterns in the glasses. Sounds interesting.

TRIP GLASSES

Probably be a good thing to have a designated non-listener to slap you around if you go into a coma. <G>
 
I have the colour-changing Ikea DIODER tricolour LED's in my bookshelf. I keep threatening to hook them up with an arduino and make them do something useful, like flash along with music or when I get an email.

They cycle through different colours automatically, or you can make them one colour. This is two different sets with two different controllers... In the photo you can see the top set on white and the bottom set cycling through...

in the Discorama, there's a DJ, he tries to charm you
they've got flashing lights to dance to, if you're shy
red for treble, green for bass, then white in sequence 'round the place
you wait 'till ten then try to take off your tie


attachment.php

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • DSC05709.jpg
    DSC05709.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC05711.jpg
    DSC05711.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 186
Getting ready to rebuild my bathroom ...

.
.
.
.
.

(wtf?)

Basically rip the waterjet tub out and go with a high end shower instead. You know ... the ones with a bunch of shower heads. I've seen ones that do the pulsate/massage/wave thing ... wondering if that could be done sound active? Certainly be easy to keep track of the sound stage. Let me see ... horns in the left ear, vocals in the nose, bass up the ... whoaaaa there! At least buy me dinner first!!

Hmmmmmm ...

Be one of the more interesting audio systems on the planet. Make for some interesting conversations too ... "want to check out my new stereo? OK then ... GET NAKED!" <G>

Maybe even build my own. I was looking at automatic valves and found these ...

lg5220fr2006h-valve.jpg


This one is a water cutoff valve for a washer. I'm thinking it'd be fairly fast acting, but slow enough that you'd get some variation depending on how much signal you feed it. Pull it apart and modify the valve so it never closes all the way so you don't get any water hammer.

Oh. And lights too!

Hmmmmmm again ...

Maybe I should just go sleep it off. <G>
 
Last edited:
I think that valve is a "bang-bang" type of valve meaning it's basically just two positions, in this case on and off. I'd be pretty surprised if you could do variable flow control with it inasmuch as similar to a proportional control valve. Never hurts to try though, I suppose.
 
Cool stuff. Glad to see I'm not the only one that likes a disco in the basement :D

I've slowly been buying stuff, but haven't gotten it all put together.

I've got a couple of Color Organs I need to finish up.. home built 4 channel kits..

I recently got a red and blue bubblegum light from the top of an old police car... need to pull it apart and lube it, but it's too cool..

Got a rope light I found cheap at a yard sale.. lots of cool blinky presets on it..

I've been wanting to get a laser, but my wife isn't liking the idea of me spending that much for a light..

I've been wanting to do a set of flood lights like you have, but instead of them operating off a controller.. make them manual... That way I can control the show for my mood
 
Some of those kit controllers are pretty slick. I built this three channel controller way back in the day. Used some fast scr triggers and could handle 600 watts easy. It doesn't have the fancy bells and whistles like chase and speed, and no programs as such, but the individual controls for each light were actually better as a true color organ.

scr-lights-002.jpg


scr-lights-001.jpg


scr-lights-003.jpg


Spent many happy years "listening" to it.
 
I have dimmer-controlled, multi-colored Christmas lights on the ceiling and four Sauce color changing LED nightlights in the corners plus one color changing spotlight shining on the ceiling. I have a projector that shines on the garage door and a few "DJ" DVDs with weird images. I want a disco ball and fog machine!
 
Film at 11 ...

.
.
and 3

.
.

and 9

.
.
.

and 12 o'clock high.

~~~

Dry ice and hot water work slick for fog and don't leave any residue. Best to test first - 5 pounds in 5 gallons will give you up to 15 minutes of fog. Works better on a hot plate too - water cools down and you get less fog. Pure water vapor, so make sure you protect your equipment and put yer slicker on.

Remember the word slick - a wood floor can be more fun than a water slide if you get too carried away.
 
In regards to using Milkdrop visual plugin on a computer (using Winamp, foobar2000 etc etc) I highly recommend downloading this Milkdrop preset pack. It is insanely massive. Milkdrop by default comes with over 500 presets... adding this pack with increase that number to over 48,000!

http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/project/mdpresetpack/old/mdpresets.exe

The exe file download is safe. Attached some screenshots of my foobar2000 setup... and yea skizo, best served with projection :)
 

Attachments

  • foobarSS.jpg
    foobarSS.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 24
  • MilkdropFullS.jpg
    MilkdropFullS.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 24
  • milkdropWindowed.jpg
    milkdropWindowed.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 25
  • milkdrop.jpg
    milkdrop.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom