• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show Us Your Receiver/Amp Rotation

jgmacv

Fluroscan Lover
I'd really love to see what stuff we use if we rotate amp/receivers into our set-ups. Right now, I rotate my Pioneer SX-D7000, Pioneer SX-D5000 and JVC A-X9 intergrated. This is also my first post trying images versus attachments--hope it works........
levisdeer047.jpgMG]
 
Register to hide this ad
Edit: Tarior just a little ahead of me. :D

You'd left a bracket off. All you have to do is go back and "Edit" your original post and fix it instead of posting it again.
 
There's gonna be 30 of this pic by the end of the day!!:D:D
Cool gear, BTW!
It was easier for me to fix it than try to explain what was wrong.
 
I usually rotate the big boys:
- Pioneer SA-9800
- Pioneer SX-1080
- Sansui 9090dB
- Marantz 2325
The little guys get in once in a while: SX-880 & SX-737
 
I've never seen the JVC before. Was this a Japan or UK only release?

I haven't been able to get much info on this model. I did notice that the photos of it on "The Vintage Knob" has "Victor", versus JVC on the faceplate. I'm assuming the "Victor" is a Japanese version, and the JVCs US? I stumbled across this one on that auction place, when I was searching for an Amp.
 
I just made a rotation out of necessity that may wind up being permanent. In my den I anchor my system with a McIntosh Mac1500 receiver, driving Harbeth C7s. The 1500has to go in for service so I swapped in the NAD 3020 that I bought last year to stick in the basement so the kids can have some sound when they play their Wii games. I didn't relegate it there out of disrespect; I am well aware of the 3020's vaunted reputation. I just didn't need it anywhere else.

Having now inserted it into my principal listening system, I am floored by it. All of the classic descriptions of its "warmth" and "ease" are absolutely true, as are the statements about how it plays well above its 20wpc rating without breaking a sweat. The phono section is the greatest treat of all; I think it beats the phono on my Mac1700, which is no small feat (the 1500's is adequate but I never found it to be thrilling). The 3020 has had me playing records constantly for the last 48 hours.

I am only 2 days into this, so I don't want to be hasty, but if this keeps up I may have to juggle things when the 1500 gets back, in order to keep the 3020 in its current spot of primacy. What a great discovery.
 
The 'on deck' circle of receivers, though I'm currently running separates I put one of these in from time to time. I just can't end my love affair with receivers/integrated amps.
IMG_3267.jpg


So from bottom up there's:

Harman Kardon pm665vxi integrated amp
Kenwood Kt-8007 tuner
Pioneer sx939
Marantz 2275
Pioneer sx1280
Mitsubishi LT-30 linear tracking TT
Sansui 9090db
Linn Axis turntable
Onkyo TX-2500mkII

These are the 'big boys' for the main system (except the Onkyo). I have a stack of smaller ones on the other side.
 
Oh...and moving that whole shelf today, switching it out with my record shelf so the records are closer to the main system. I am not looking forward to that (and neither is my back...). Yes, I'm taking everything off before moving it!
 
New to me this week locally acquired Philips 22AH708 stereo receiver. I only have one stereo receiver and that is this one!

 

Attachments

  • IMG_20240926_144055470.jpg
    IMG_20240926_144055470.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Both my 22AH708 receiver and matching Philips N2552 together as an old married couple now and hooked up with Fenton SHFB55B bookshelf loudspeakers

 
Back
Top Bottom