• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show Your 4th Of July BBQ

dnpainting

Super Member
Happy 4th everyone!

Just wanted to see everyones BBQ Favorites on this 4th Of July!

Smokin' Some Ribs, seasoned with spicy rub, spritz with apple juice. Later will be Glazed with Honey, Brown Sugar and wrapped.

For the smoke: Apple and Cherry @ 250 deg

Enjoy Your Holiday!

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Smokin' Ribs 003.jpg
    Smokin' Ribs 003.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Don't know what all it's going to be but the wife is working on rib-eye steaks & baby back ribs right now in the kitchen.
I know she was working on potato salad and sea food salad last night.
She'll probably spend a good part of the day in the kitchen with the prep works. She loves to grill (she grills average 5 days a week year around) and smokes meat and salmon on occasion.
She'll let me light the grill sometimes, and eat - that's about it for me besides watching, smelling, & drooling.
 
Don't know what all it's going to be but the wife is working on rib-eye steaks & baby back ribs right now in the kitchen.
I know she was working on potato salad and sea food salad last night.
She'll probably spend a good part of the day in the kitchen with the prep works. She loves to grill (she grills average 5 days a week year around) and smokes meat and salmon on occasion.
She'll let me light the grill sometimes, and eat - that's about it for me besides watching, smelling, & drooling.

you do the dishes at least, right?:D
 
Happy 4th everyone!

Just wanted to see everyones BBQ Favorites on this 4th Of July!

Smokin' Some Ribs, seasoned with spicy rub, spritz with apple juice. Later will be Glazed with Honey, Brown Sugar and wrapped.

For the smoke: Apple and Cherry @ 250 deg

Enjoy Your Holiday!

attachment.php

Man, that looks good. We're going to the races tonight so we'll be having burger stand burgers and fries. Not nearly as good as that, but still yummy in it's own way.
 
you do the dishes at least, right?:D

Kitchen is one place I'm not allowed - so coffee pot is at the end of a counter just in case I need another cup and she isn't there to refill the cup, I can get to the counter end to get more of that morning juice.
So do you think I ever do dishes?

Seems I'm only allowed when something needs fixed/replaced.

She has the dogs training right to the floor edge like there is an electric fence or something. I don't ever see the dogs step foot in the kitchen - I ought to push one in when she has her eyes turned just to see what happens, or maybe I'll hear a yelp from training reinforcement. Or have one less doggie.

Really... she is serious about her kitchen. Hence me having an extra small fridge in the rec room - her demand and not my idea.

So - when I fly her out on vacation to visit her family, I eat out instead taking any chances. One little thing touched & moved is not worth going through an ear full of hell.
 
Sorry! It's Late

I Got pretty toasty yesterday. Wife cut the ribs before I could get a photo. I know it's a little late but here they are, they were delicious. 5 hr smoke, 2 hour wrap in honey and brown sugar. They were juicy and delicious.

Would have posted them yesterday but, once the guests got here, it was all over. Brought out the Goose for Mary's and coolers full of beer, too much!
 

Attachments

  • Smokin' Ribs 002.jpg
    Smokin' Ribs 002.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 42
I Got pretty toasty yesterday. Wife cut the ribs before I could get a photo. I know it's a little late but here they are, they were delicious. 5 hr smoke, 2 hour wrap in honey and brown sugar. They were juicy and delicious.

Would have posted them yesterday but, once the guests got here, it was all over. Brought out the Goose for Mary's and coolers full of beer, too much!

Toasty ????:scratch2: On July 4th ???.......:thmbsp:

4th of July BBQ?

Hmmm. I don't think you want to see it now.

....:lmao:...yep,those bones are picked clean !!

I got lucky and found a 1.87 lb rack of back ribs on sale...$2.99 lb.
So the rack cost me $5.60 I cooked them with just a dry rub right on the grill,about 15 minutes on each side.Then I lay them in a shallow foil pan and put a piece of mulberry wood on the coals and baste them with beer for about an hour and a half. The foil pan catches the beer and steams the ribs while they smoke.
Then back onto the hot grate for about 5 minutes....no sauce.Yum !
Gone in ten minutes !
 
Last edited:
Hummm... didn't think of getting any pics. Not much of a camera guy anyway.
Man the food was great yesterday.
Today she's doing bacon wrapped chicken skewered on sticks, and whatever spices I dunno. Just doesn't seem right I said - so she's gonna split a few lobsters that she bought today and grill them too.
Now I can understand steak and lobster, but chicken & lobster! :scratch2:
I'll just eat it and say it's good (I want to live & eat) then maybe spin a few LP's while she cleans up afterward. It's my way of staying out of her way.
 
-we have a small group coming this year.... maybe only 10-12 folks.... (most of the immediate family seems to be doing mini-vacations elsewere) -which is fine. i plan to make our famous stegosaurus chile dogs (dodger dogs, tommys chile, bacon, avacado, cheese and onion) -along with sliders.... will try and snap a few pictures if i remember. Happy 4th everyone! ec
 
Old thread but I'll play.

Smoking a turkey this year. Why? Hell, I don't know but we're getting there and it looks good. We'll also have hot dogs, hamburgers and the like. Expecting about 20 friends/family all together. Have a good Independence Day!

image.jpeg
 
Back
Top Bottom