• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show your Bicycle !

SX550

Well-Known Member
I have this '70s Batavus "Flying Dutchman" built in The Netherlands.
It got passed on to me from my grandfather.

fk1ymd.jpg


Its all original except the lights which i converted to battery powered LED, but i kept the original ones.

Its a 3 speed with enclosed chain and rim brakes.
Best feature is the giant "gong" like bell, you can hear me coming from a mile away :smoke:

I love the hand pin-striping on it, the narrow steel frame, the cast iron parts , genuine leather seat and the steel logo's

n71e2q.jpg
e0n5gk.jpg

2la7h48.jpg

2q8tz02.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
My Bridgestone XO-1. My favorite bike for light woods, fire roads and centuries. With 26" wheels I can fit 1" slicks to 1.95" knobbies. A sweet machine.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 177
I guess I'll show the bike that I've just "replaced". Meaning I've purchased a new bike, and still own the "old" bike.

The old bike is a Trek 1400 that I bought in 1993 (91?). It was my first good bike and I put a ton of miles on it back in the day. I live in Iowa and although, historically we've been unfriendly to cyclists, we are home to the big ride called RAGBRAI.
So, back in the 90's I did a number of RAGBRAI's and a ton of other organized rides, including Ride the Rockies in 1996.

Then I took about a dozen years off riding and just this year, started riding again.

The Trek 1400 is modified somewhat, with some titanium parts, nice bottom braket, upgraded wheels and other stuff. I suppose I should sell it since I won't really be riding it, but there's lots of memories on that bike.

EDIT: I'll have to get pics of my new bike
 

Attachments

  • Trek 1400.jpg
    Trek 1400.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 173
Custom-built Niner Rip 9 RDO.

I built this up as a present for myself when I retired from the Air Force last year.

It's a GREAT "one arrow in the quiver" bike. Pretty much everything that can be carbon fiber is carbon fiber-- I've got a blown shoulder and fused spine, so vibration dampening was key. (Look ma, I'm a turntable!)

The only problem? I didn't read the fine print in the marriage contract that says that if you build yourself a very, very expensive bike, you ALSO have to build your wife one that's equivalent or better!

THAT kind of hurt the bank account.

She ended up with a Pivot Mach 4 Carbon.

R.
 

Attachments

  • P1000595.jpg
    P1000595.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 151
Covered with cobwebs, sitting on top of the bathroom in the warehouse - my yellow 1970 Schwinn Continental I bought new when I started college, and the Schwinn Varsity I bought for my then-girlfriend-now-wife in the mid 70s after hers got stolen out of their garage.

Once this place sells and we move, I plan on doing a restore job on both.

Schwinn1.jpg
 
My Bridgestone XO-1. My favorite bike for light woods, fire roads and centuries. With 26" wheels I can fit 1" slicks to 1.95" knobbies. A sweet machine.

Those are bada** machines. Always loved the Bridgestones, especially those XO-1's. The MB Zips are pretty sweet too
 
Here are some scans of my Raleigh International with Campy gear I rode cross country in 1974.(I was 24)
Regards,
Jim
 

Attachments

  • my CC bike 001.jpg
    my CC bike 001.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom