• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Shows you'd like to see again on TV/DVD

"WKRP In Cincinnati"- LOVED Mr Carlson-he had absolutely NO IDEA what was going on, & wanted it that way...Also found Bailey MUCH hotter than Jennifer...
 
Reel 2 Reel said:
Reboot was cool...I have all 4 seasons.. I wish they would finish it ...

Hexadecimal was a Hottie!!! :yes:
You liked Hexadecimal? :screwy: But yeah, that dominatrix outfit...

Me, I always liked Mouse. And in later episodes, AndrAIa (I think that's how it's spelled).

Did you see the two movies?

And what do you mean, you have all 4 seasons? Not on DVD, do you? You mean you videotaped them all, right? I have the first couple, but then my local station stopped showing them.
 
I am not a number, I am a free man!

meggy said:
The Prisoner! (late sixties)
Patrick McGoohan was a british secret agent ("number six") trapped on a wierd island that looked like a resort in Puerto Vallarta. When he tries to escape a outer limit-ish weather balloon thing bounces along, smothers him up and brings him back to his suite so he can start all over again.

All the time he's plotting to kill the (never seen) warden "number one". I think in the end he discovers that he has been "number one", all along.

Full of sexy british women, violence, bizzare sub-plots and sub-text, it was just perfect to help mold a pre-teen's psyche.
My local PBS outlet showed all 17 episodes in order one year. I was lucky enough to snag 'em all on tape, and they look mahvelous! :D
Tom
 
meggy said:
The Prisoner! (late sixties)
Patrick McGoohan was a british secret agent ("number six") trapped on a wierd island that looked like a resort in Puerto Vallarta. When he tries to escape a outer limit-ish weather balloon thing bounces along, smothers him up and brings him back to his suite so he can start all over again.

All the time he's plotting to kill the (never seen) warden "number one". I think in the end he discovers that he has been "number one", all along.

Full of sexy british women, violence, bizzare sub-plots and sub-text, it was just perfect to help mold a pre-teen's psyche.

Yes!! Even Better than My Mother The Car! Patrick McGoohan yelling "I am NOT a number", then hopping into a Mini Moke and roaring off.

Fantastic writing for back then. It would stand up well, even today.
 
Sandy G said:
"Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", "Time Tunnel", Land of the Giants',& of course, "Lost in Space"-all the Irwin Allen potboilers
For a while, Sci-Fi was re-airing all of those except for "Time Tunnel." I know "Lost In Space" is out on DVD, but I'm not sure of any of the rest.

As for "My Mother, the Car" I have to be honest and say I've never watched it. No one around here showed it in reruns, so that would explain it I guess. Honestly, though, after reading about the plot of the show, I've never understood why the show got such a bad rap. It was no different than any other mid-60's sitcom. Come on, 7 people stranded on a deserted island w/ all the trappings of civilization but never able to leave is pretty cooky (though I love the show! :D ). "Addams Family," "The Munsters," and most of the other sitcoms were all cheesy and weird to an extent, so why the bad rap for Jerry Van Dyke and "My Mother The Car?" Can anyone fill me in on that? :scratch2:
 
A big "ditto" to the classic Sci Fi series (did anyone mention the original "Battlestar Galactica" series?) as well as "Outer Limits" and "Twilight Zone", and "The Prisoner". I would also add the original series of "The Avenger" [Emma Peel was scrumptious...], and "The Fugitive".

Not that they were any good (I doubt they were) but just out of nostalgia for shows seen in childhood I'd like to see the talking horse series "Mr. Ed", the short-lived cop comedy "Car 54, Where Are You?", and "Gilligan's Island", along with "My Three Sons", "The Andy Griffith Show", "The Dick Van Dyke Show", "Leave it to Beaver" and even that stupid series with the know-it-all maid named Hazel (not sure of show name).

I'd love to see all those old 50s "B" horror flicks, too. Subscribed to TCM (Turner Classic Movies) hoping to see some of those, but in the two years I've had it, I think I've only seen ONE. Seems those were not in the libraries (esp. MGM) that Turner bought. Oh, well.
 
soundweasel said:
"X-Files", "Outer Limits", "Twilight Zone" (original with Rod Serling) all of which I believe are available on DVD. And any/all of the "bad" sci-fi "B" movies!

Movies that I (re)view every year -- "Nightmare Before Christmas", "King Kong" (original) and "Apocalypse Now" (preferably on a hot, humid summer night). Go figure. :scratch2:

I see that "Nightmare Before Christmas" is going to be released again in theatres this fall in 3D.Should be cool....
Jimmy
 
OvenMaster said:
1. Without a doubt, Roswell. Yeah, the entire series is out now on DVD, but I just wish they'd re-air them. Then I could save 'em on videotape for free! :D
2. No question about it: Max Headroom. I didn't have a VCR when it was first shown and unceremoniously dumped by ABC for being too close to actual portrayals of TV executives!
Tom

Now that is weird. My vidiot buddy has Max Headroom on beta from way back when and we were just talking about getting them onto a hard drive so they can be put to DVD.
 
Scorpion8 said:
UFO. Space 1999. Yea, they were cheesy but they were classic SciFi.

UFO is available on DVD as is Space 1999. So is The Prisoner. All on my list. My wife gave me the Emma Peel boxed set of The Avengers for Christmas last year. John Steed is still the coolest.
 
Anyone remember the TV series Please Don't Eat the Daisies?

A writer & his family own this huge house that is so big and has so many rooms that people regularly get lost in the upper floors? Perky wife, 2 boys & Lad-a-Dog, the dog, round it out. There was a movie of the same name but it did not have that crazy house twist as I recall. Would have been the same period as My Mother the Car.
 
Hill Street Blues....Always wanted Furillo to blow his stack at all the whiny, snivelling "children" he had to deal with...Would have given that high falutin' biach Joyce a "Good Talking To" as well...Loved the Sgt. Esterhaus/Michael Conrad character...
 
soundmotor said:
Now that is weird. My vidiot buddy has Max Headroom on beta from way back when and we were just talking about getting them onto a hard drive so they can be put to DVD.
I have the pilot on laserdisc. My first ever eBay purchase, the one for which I signed up and made an account.
 
There's also a blipvert episode, the first one, I think. The pilot was like the over-arcing storyline condensed into about 2 hours, IIRC. Mostly blipvert, though, yes. I got it because Midge Ure (Ultravox guy) did the soundtrack, unlike the rest of the series.
 
MST3K!!!!! (Mystery Sience Theatre 3000).

It was a sad day for me when I found out that the sci-fi channel dropped this series. For a while they began running repeats but then they dropped those as well sometime in 2004. Some of the episodes are available on DVD but not all of them. No more new episodes is bummer enough, but even worse there is not a single cable channel running the repeats!

I miss Mike, Crow & Tom Servo.( AND Joel & Pearl too!)
One of the wittiest & funniest shows ever created. It is missed by many fans I'd bet.


Russ
 
Back
Top Bottom