• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Shure Lancer Cartridge model HT9ES

jeffpaletz

AK Subscriber
I got a Technics head shell that came with a Shure Cartridge. The front of the cartridge says Lancer on it. On the bottom of the cartridge it says model HT9ES. The front of the stylus says Hi-Track and is black or very dark brown in color.

Does anyone know about this cartridge and stylus? Any opinions?
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks, Why does the cartridge say Lancer on it? I've never heard of that as a turntable brand. Who or where was it sold? What OEM was it for?
 
I got a Technics head shell that came with a Shure Cartridge. The front of the cartridge says Lancer on it. On the bottom of the cartridge it says model HT9ES. The front of the stylus says Hi-Track and is black or very dark brown in color.

Does anyone know about this cartridge and stylus? Any opinions?
HT9ES-03.jpg
HT9ES-04.jpg
HT9ES-05.jpg
The body has the same Inductance and Resistance as the M91E, but the N9ES stylus is different from the N91E. The trackability numbers are close to the M91E but a tad lower.
Using the N91E would be an upgrade. This one has no reference to "Lancer". I believe Lancer was an electronics chain like Radio Shack and Shure made the HT9ES for Lancer.
 
I have one of these carts also and mine says Lancer on the front. I purchased an aftermarket N91ED Analogis nude elliptical for it and it's sounding great.
 
The name Lancer was a house brand of electronics for the now defunct Fedco Department stores. When I lived in Los Angeles years ago, I had a friend that worked in the audio department of the Fedco that was located at the intersection of La Cienega Blvd and Rodeo Road in Culver City, CA and I remember him saying that the Lancer brand was as good or better than many of the other brands on the market at that time. Fedco went out of business I believe sometime in the 80's.
 
My HT9ES is also a 'Lancer'. Wonder if there any of that model not so labeled?
 
Back
Top Bottom