• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Signet TK3Ea vs Empire 2000 Eiii

ccouch5859

New Member
Hey all, I currently have a Thorens TD-166 MKii with a Signet TK3Ea mounted. It's time to replace the oem stylus. I'm debating on getting a VMN40ML stylus for the Signet and just keeping it easy. My other option is to throw the spare Empire on there and purchase a good stylus for it (JICO S-4000d more than likely). It looks like i will need to get a spacer though?
 
Register to hide this ad
If you like the AT Signet detailed sound with nice top end then maybe stick with the ML stylus replacement.

The Empire should give you a warm balanced sound. Maybe a bit rolled off on the highs. Not sure about the Jico S4000D stylus since I've not heard it.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom