• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Simultaneous Protection & Output Failure?

oldflame

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
It has happened to me, but only once in a long time. However, it occurs often enough to read about. Perhaps the protection circuit failed first and I wasn't aware, but it still took two to tango.

Less now than when "crowbar" thyristors guarded the hen-house? What say you?
 
Register to hide this ad
There's (was?) a Crow Bar in tiny Mishicot, WI. I didn't bother to Gurgle how many others exist in the USA.
 
Crowbar shuts down power supply.. Protect circuit just disconnects the speakers from the amplifier output. Protect circuit not designed to protect anything else.. Just the speakers.
 
any time when I've had protect circuits engage, it was because something in the output state went pear-shaped and it was trying to dump rail voltage to the speakers.
 
Back
Top Bottom