Kontalonis
New Member
Hey folks,
Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and looking forward to the new year! So here it goes:
I'm a bit nervous about setting up my Technics SL-5300 for the first time. It is my first turntable and i want to do it RIGHT! The manual is a bit vague so i turn to you guys. I have on the way a factory Technics headshell bundled with a Stanton 500AL (new stylus). I do not have an overhang gauge. Overall, i just need the gist of things in regards to the proper tracking force and the anti-skate (that is what is really boggling me).
On another note i got the SL-5300 and an SL-1700 for 20USD all together! They're all complete and in great condition minus headshells.
Anyway, thanks in advance for all replies!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and looking forward to the new year! So here it goes:
I'm a bit nervous about setting up my Technics SL-5300 for the first time. It is my first turntable and i want to do it RIGHT! The manual is a bit vague so i turn to you guys. I have on the way a factory Technics headshell bundled with a Stanton 500AL (new stylus). I do not have an overhang gauge. Overall, i just need the gist of things in regards to the proper tracking force and the anti-skate (that is what is really boggling me).
On another note i got the SL-5300 and an SL-1700 for 20USD all together! They're all complete and in great condition minus headshells.
Anyway, thanks in advance for all replies!

