• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Slanted tonearm Pioneer PL-41

IdiotWind

New Member
I just got a new (to me) PL-41 turntable, and noticed something weird about the tonearm:

index.php


Now it looks to me like the guy just didn’t screw in the screws for the pivot point. I leveled it out and screwed them in, as shown below:

index.php


And now I’m wondering if the table is okay to use, or if I should be a little more concerned about this and take it into an audio repair shop? Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Float (balance) the arm so it's floating and tap lightly on the headshell and see if it moves freely. Shouldn't have any binding.
 
Not sure how much lateral give it should have, but the screws are in there pretty tight. There won’t be much wobble but my concern is that it’s damaging either channel depending on tilt. It’s balanced well along the length of the tonearm with 2g of tracking force, but it may be tilted along the rotational axis.
 
Back
Top Bottom