• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SMAC November 2009

jmathers

Super Member
Folks:

The SMAC November meet will be held Saturday, November 21st from 1pm to 6pm at Jim's place. Jim will make a presentation on acoustical room treatments and their effect. See my email for details.

Hope to see you there.:smoke:

Jeff
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I am looking forward to hearing Jim's system again. It is fantastic. I just might have my TT done by then and can bring it with me.
 
DJ, as they say, "run what you brung." If all goes well I should have two rigs available, both of which can support a TT.
 
Don't forget: SMAC is THIS Saturday, November 21. Get your Thanksgiving audio fix in early.

Hope to see you there.

Jeff
 
Don't forget: Jim should be demonstrating sound treatments at around 1:30pm. Which means the question of the day is:

Do sound treatments really improve the sound of your system?

Jeff
 
A great big thanks to Jim M. for a wonderful day and for being a such great host. As usual, great friends, great music, great food and great drink.

Cheers
 
Without a doubt, another great afternoon.It was especially cool to see Jim,Whom I hadn't seen in a while.Not to mention only having to drive fifteen miles,Jim,host more often.
 
I just wanted to say thanks to Jim and SMAC. I had a blast. The system(s) sounded great, the people were splendid, and the house was a home.

Deffinately the furthest I've ever had to drive, but worth every mile.
 
Jim,

Wow, great turnout of old and new members, nice demo, cool collection of tunes & systems!

It is always nice learning something at these meets and I learned four new things today:

1. I am not the only SMAC member that listens to Sigur Rós & Amiina

2. Without proper warning, never, I mean NEVER, play recordings of fireworks to a house full of people when your systems are full of tubes! (hearts stopped)

3. Never sit next to, or in front of Jeff Mathers at a concert you actually want to hear!

4. It is probably worth a trip to Marshall, with growler in hand, for the Dark Horse Reserve Special Black Ale !

Thanks again for hoisting
 
Last edited:
Thank you Jim. A great meet indeed.

The Classic 60 was a beast.:thmbsp:

Certainly a great turnout and a beautiful November day in Michigan. I enjoyed the sound panel demo and thought everyone could clearly hear some important differences in sound that these kind of treatments make. There was much discussion afterwards about how the size and shape of a room can influence sound - cool stuff.

Cheers to Jim - and to all attendees - for making SMAC a giant success.

Jeff
 
Good times!

A hearty thanks to Jim for hosting a great meet. The room treatment demonstration was very thought provoking and made for an audio subject that continued into the ride home.:scratch2: Enjoyed the music selection, especially the older rock.
 
I missed the acoustic treatment demonstration, but was glad to make it to the meeting. Jim is a gracious host. It was a pleasure to catch up with friends, and discuss audio, music and food.

Thanks for a great meeting!
 
I'm glad everyone had a great time. The pleasure was all mine. Sorry if I didn't have the chance to visit with eveyone personally who came. As much as I enjoyed hosting, it was each of you who made this meet the good time it was.

The next time I host, I'm planning a demo of Harvey Rosenberg's Black Hole amplifier which is claimed to produce 10 million watts into 0 ohms from DC to light, at minus 10% total harmonic distortion. This amplifier was a bargain at the time it was produced costing just under $267 million dollars. I understand it could not be sold in California because of pollution laws and the fact it's powered by its own surplus US Navy submarine nuclear reactor. The Advents should love this thing. Thanks again to all who came.

Jim
 
The next time I host, I'm planning a demo of Harvey Rosenberg's Black Hole amplifier which is claimed to produce 10 million watts into 0 ohms from DC to light, at minus 10% total harmonic distortion. This amplifier was a bargain at the time it was produced costing just under $267 million dollars. I understand it could not be sold in California because of pollution laws and the fact it's powered by its own surplus US Navy submarine nuclear reactor. The Advents should love this thing.
Jim

That sounds cool Jim, give me the date so I can pencil it in!

You opened those Sierra Nevada Bigfoots didn't you?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom