• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

SNL w/Martin Short

electronjohn

Plug it in & see!!
Subscriber
Happened to catch NBC's repeat of the episode w/Martin Short...immediately hit record on the DVR since the original got wiped due to a system failure about a year ago. HAD to keep it, since it featured the sketch with Short vetting Bill Hader as a potential OB/GYN for the Duchess of Cambridge. IMHO one of the funniest bits EVER on SNL...my wife thought I was going to have a stroke I was laughing so damn hard when we first saw it. And, poor Hader...doing all he could to keep a straight face with that lunatic doing his thing.

The Tony Bennett Christmas show was another gut-buster, too.
 
Register to hide this ad
And can't forget Paul...

I like the old reruns. Discovered Janis Ian, never heard of her until they played the first SNL. (SL I believe)
 
The show SNL was special to me in so many ways,18 getting off work from my first job,navigating across town to Roper's where I would roll some herb and settle in on the couch for a night of laughs. It was topical,it was edgy,it pushed at the boundaries of the establishment venting change that was long overdue. That show was Don Quiote taking jabs at the status quo,it was like the people in power in this country had gone to bed and the new generation stayed up and had some fun. Just comedy yes, but one of the most pivotal and influencial shows to shape and change the political landscape of the 70's and 80's in this country..
 
Lots of fond memories of watching SNL when it first premiered back in the day! I need to pick up the dvd collection of the early years.
 
Lots of fond memories of watching SNL when it first premiered back in the day! I need to pick up the dvd collection of the early years.
I have it and it's pretty good, but not quite as funny as I remembered. Lots of "filler" bits and some less-than-successful experiments along with the gold. But I guess nothing is ever as good as we used to think it was.
 
I remember it from the Salad Days of Belushi, Aykroyd, that bunch. And the Mr Bill Show. Its been kinda "Uneven" thru the years, or maybe what a younger bunch thinks is funny, I don't.
 
Happened to catch NBC's repeat of the episode w/Martin Short...immediately hit record on the DVR since the original got wiped due to a system failure about a year ago. HAD to keep it, since it featured the sketch with Short vetting Bill Hader as a potential OB/GYN for the Duchess of Cambridge. IMHO one of the funniest bits EVER on SNL...my wife thought I was going to have a stroke I was laughing so damn hard when we first saw it. And, poor Hader...doing all he could to keep a straight face with that lunatic doing his thing.

The Tony Bennett Christmas show was another gut-buster, too.

You do realize you can view most of these (including this one, I just watched it) on NBC.COM, right?

I can remember the day when people actually stayed home on a Saturday night to watch SNL.

bs
 
latest
 
Back
Top Bottom