• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Snog, Marry and Avoid, except its HiFi and "Sell, Donate or Keep"

Bpscorn

New Member
Due to an unforeseen redundancy I have had to make a tough call and have decided to sacrifice some of my HiFi Kit to help ends meet. I do have an excess and that doesn't count the stuff I was planning on repairing.

Because I'm still no expert I'd like some advice on what to keep for
A: my main listening setup - the louder, clearer and richer sounding the better- (99% Vinyl, 0.5% CD, 0.5% Tape)
B: my PC (extremely basic, just an amp and monitor speakers but decent quality)

and what I should get shot of, either because its crap or because its pointless/worth money. If I've posted this in the wrong spot, my bad please move it, shut it down.

Fully Functioning Kit List:

  • Dual 704 TT
  • 1970's Sanyo DCX-4000 Tuner
  • QTX Pro-600 Power Amp
  • Technics SU-V450 Integrated Amp, (the 80's AA Model)
  • Technics EQ(SH-e66)Yamaha RX-530 Receiver
  • Sony TA-F500ES Integrated Amp
  • AKAI 2450AM Integrated Amp (on personal loan from a friend permanently- so I can't sell)
  • Technics SLPJ27 CD player
  • Sherwood D-408 Dual Cassette deck
  • Speakers:
    • Vintage Celestion 100w 8ohm (current main)
    • JPW Sonatas (original, no mods, no damage)
    • JPW 510ML
    • Mercury Tannoy F1 Custom (Made in China)
Kit That needs repairs/cleaning:
  • Vintage Technics ST-3500 Tuner (power but no sound, haven't attempted full diagnosis yet)
  • Vintage Technics RS-610US (Yes it had a US plug as standard but is switchable between 110 and 220/240) plays on Left Channel, Right Channel the dial is slamming the red constantly, maybe a DC leak?
  • Technics SU-X301 Dual Tape (I just need to change the belts which I have) but I no longer have the amp that powers it, like an idiot, but do have the power cable
I just want to make the best setup for loud and clean with what I've got and get rid of the rest.....ANY possible setup ideas appreciated.

I probably would keep the Yamaha receiver and Tannoys for the PC setup but again, open to suggestions.

I'm open to Bi/Tri Amping etc but I need to make up my mind and get the kit out or my balls will in the other half's handbag for a few years!

I only picked up the QTX power amp recently to see if it was worth the £30 I paid. It's clean but not as good as rich in tone as the integrated su-v450.

Thanks for anyone who can help me out! Better hope I get work again soon!
 
Register to hide this ad
Due to an unforeseen redundancy I have had to make a tough call and have decided to sacrifice some of my HiFi Kit to help ends meet. I do have an excess and that doesn't count the stuff I was planning on repairing.

Because I'm still no expert I'd like some advice on what to keep for
A: my main listening setup - the louder, clearer and richer sounding the better- (99% Vinyl, 0.5% CD, 0.5% Tape)
B: my PC (extremely basic, just an amp and monitor speakers but decent quality)

and what I should get shot of, either because its crap or because its pointless/worth money. If I've posted this in the wrong spot, my bad please move it, shut it down.

Fully Functioning Kit List:

  • Dual 704 TT
  • 1970's Sanyo DCX-4000 Tuner
  • QTX Pro-600 Power Amp
  • Technics SU-V450 Integrated Amp, (the 80's AA Model)
  • Technics EQ(SH-e66)Yamaha RX-530 Receiver
  • Sony TA-F500ES Integrated Amp
  • AKAI 2450AM Integrated Amp (on personal loan from a friend permanently- so I can't sell)
  • Technics SLPJ27 CD player
  • Sherwood D-408 Dual Cassette deck
  • Speakers:
    • Vintage Celestion 100w 8ohm (current main)
    • JPW Sonatas (original, no mods, no damage)
    • JPW 510ML
    • Mercury Tannoy F1 Custom (Made in China)
Kit That needs repairs/cleaning:
  • Vintage Technics ST-3500 Tuner (power but no sound, haven't attempted full diagnosis yet)
  • Vintage Technics RS-610US (Yes it had a US plug as standard but is switchable between 110 and 220/240) plays on Left Channel, Right Channel the dial is slamming the red constantly, maybe a DC leak?
  • Technics SU-X301 Dual Tape (I just need to change the belts which I have) but I no longer have the amp that powers it, like an idiot, but do have the power cable
I just want to make the best setup for loud and clean with what I've got and get rid of the rest.....ANY possible setup ideas appreciated.

I probably would keep the Yamaha receiver and Tannoys for the PC setup but again, open to suggestions.

I'm open to Bi/Tri Amping etc but I need to make up my mind and get the kit out or my balls will in the other half's handbag for a few years!

I only picked up the QTX power amp recently to see if it was worth the £30 I paid. It's clean but not as good as rich in tone as the integrated su-v450.

Thanks for anyone who can help me out! Better hope I get work again soon!

seems like a reasonable collection, not seeing a problem:dunno:

I can only suggest keep what sounds best to your ears in your place, glad my lady is so understanding.
 
Back
Top Bottom