• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

So how bad is the bad transistor list really... shoot on sight or more check here first if trouble shooting?

larryleezard

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I am refurbishing an SA-8500ii and love it. My gosh I really like this amp. I am just finishing up with the amp boards and looking at the sca798 double transistors that are currently working and wondering if I should swap them out for some matched A992's or let them ride? Thoughts? Insights? Pros/cons?
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm assuming the OPs reference to 'SCA798' is a typo. @larryleezard, if you want to avoid the hassle of finding matched pairs theres the option of using SMT replacements described here.
Correct! 2SA798! Opps. I got two nice KSA992 pairs out of what I had, coupled them thermally everything worked really well! Thanks for the info though for the future.
 
Back
Top Bottom