• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

So, how do I reuse a previously uploaded image

wa2ise

Super Member
As a test of sorts, I uploaded a test image, this of our cat.
Sleeping Cinnamon.jpg
Was hoping that maybe the upload process would show me other images I uploaded for other threads. Other forum software does that, but it looks like not this one. Okay, maybe "media". No, that's not it. I consider this ability to reuse images an important feature, as I often do reuse previously uploaded images in new threads. With the old forum software, I had an allocated block of storage, and if nothing else I should still be able to review and manage this allocation.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hmm, it doesn't seem to be enabled here.

One reason I prefer to use an image host; I can post whatever, whenever, where-ever I wish.
Imgur is my favorite. You just upload, copy the BBcode provided for the size you want and paste it into the post. :)

For example, I just just copied and posted your pretty kitty:

GEyEYbwm.jpg


I can choose from different size thumbnails too, which is useful.

Full-sized URL: http://i.imgur.com/GEyEYbw.jpg

It's free, but making an account is good so you retain control and organization.
 
Last edited:
I imagine you can just copy/paste the pic from the existing thread ... I also figure if you upload it again, it'll just overwrite what's already there.

Lucky me, I've got my own website to host all that stuff, but that means I can't test the theory ...
 
Right click the image and "copy image url" then paste where ever using the image icon in the reply box ?

index.php
 
Yep. And the cool thing, is that you can now copy and paste an image URL, and have a copy of the image show up, in private conversations too. Couldn't do that with PMs on the old system...

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Yep. And the cool thing, is that you can now copy and paste an image URL, and have a copy of the image show up, in private conversations too. Couldn't do that with PMs on the old system...

Regards,
Gordon.

Wow, nifty. :)
Most of the other Zenforo forums I've been on they didn't let ya do that...unless it's a newer feature or build version used here.
 
Yep. And the cool thing, is that you can now copy and paste an image URL, and have a copy of the image show up, in private conversations too. Couldn't do that with PMs on the old system...

Regards,
Gordon.

You couldn't attach images directly to PMs in the old system, but you could insert image urls, which is why it was handy to be able to edit old posts. I'd find an old post of mine from years ago, attach images, and link those in PMs. An easy way to be able to PM pics, and editing didn't bring the post back from the dead..
 
The problem I see (and this may remedy itself in the near future) is that my old threads that included pictures hosted at Photobucket no longer appear. And since we cannot edit anything that is more than an hour or so old, I don't know if I will ever get my images back.
 
The problem I see (and this may remedy itself in the near future) is that my old threads that included pictures hosted at Photobucket no longer appear. And since we cannot edit anything that is more than an hour or so old, I don't know if I will ever get my images back.

Going through some old threads to learn about TT maintenance and record cleaning, I've seen a lot of broken images too.

But, most of the time you can just open the image URL manually. Unless it's just a dead image link, of course. :)


Example post: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/in...-collective-wisdom.633407/page-5#post-8443612

If I try to open that image link, the codes are whacked:
Code:
http://www.[url=http.com//s282.photobucket.com/user/captainharlock_1969/media/006_zps299ed88b.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/captainharlock_1969/006_zps299ed88b.jpg

But, if I snip away the excess tags, I can get to the actual image and album still: http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/captainharlock_1969/006_zps299ed88b.jpg

Maybe that'd be helpful?
 
Unfortunately, this is an example of what I have been left with:
(Everything below this line is a snippet from one of my threads)


Right, just like my example. The tags are wrong, but the image could still be there.

1. right click the broken image
2. copy image location, paste it into a new tab, but don't go yet
3. strip all but the actual URL of the image, then go.

Snap144.png


If you have specific images you'd like me to help with, just lemme know. :)
 
Those are my Photobucket images. I think the issue is just with AK and the changes that have been made.
 
Those are my Photobucket images. I think the issue is just with AK and the changes that have been made.

Ah, gotcha. It might also be the changes in how PB does things over the years as well.
Most of my Tinypic links on forums from 2008 -era posts are dead now, even though the images are there.
 
I'm also having photobucket problems. I always used to just copy the image IMG code and past it in my post now it's saying this

this HTML class. Value is http://s7.photo

This is what shows up when I try to paste a prefect code. It actually changes the text. I've even tried html code and nothing.

Doing this from my Galaxy Note 4. Haven't tried the pc yet. Now I have to use the uploader which I assume is hosted here. I can't link in any images from pb into a post.
 
Back
Top Bottom