• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

So, who else is rocking the house this Friday evening?

Kids are asleep. Obvio*sly - I am not! Spinning a new arrival; the do*ble albm of Sting's "Nothing Like the S*n" LP. Definitely one of, if not THE, best alb*ms he made. Before that, it was Hall and Oates, Crystal Gayle, and Ivan Neville.
 
I stayed up way past my usual bedtime last night! I have this weekend off, so I didn't need to get to sleep early. It was sure fun, and even more fun to not be "alone" listening to the good tunes. Thanks!
 
Its not Friday night anymore, but I seeing what my system was capable of last night, playing Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc. My landlord is gone for the week, so I really had the power meters bouncing, but man, woofers still are barely moving! Another song that gets the meters bouncing is Summer Nights by Lil Rob. Makes good use of the tweets too :)
 
Last night I did not see this thread but a buddy and me slapped together a surprisingly stout speaker combo and put it through its paces with some disturbed cranking until the clipping lights came on the lux :banana: :beerchug:
 
I knew I wasn't alone! Gotta rock sometimes. My neighbor works nights, so I can pretty much play it as loud as I can take it. Last night I could take it.
:banana:
 
These posts about cranking it is putting me through withdrawals. During the summer, there would be upwards of a week at a time when all my neighbors were gone, so I could crank it till pictures started falling off the walls. Now, with the onset of classes again and thus the return of the neighbors, a normal speaking voice would drown out my system. :worried:

- JP
 
Spent most of the night trying to burn a cd with 1 of 3 programs I have.
After about 8 hrs (don't ask), I managed to get Art Blakey on a disc with an older program.
About 1 AM I turned on the system. Really need to give another listen sometime today at a reasonable listening level.
5/1 compression-geez.
 
Started the night off with some Jim Croce then went to Pink Floyd then a little Radiohead and topped her all of with Live Evil ( Black Sabbath) at about 2.30 last night............
 
I'm working out in the garage checking speakers and polishing dustcovers and cranking "The Blues Brothers" soundtrack.
What a great soundtrack and flick :yes:
Belushi and Ackroyd really get a tip of the hat for making this classic :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom