• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Soft left wall (absorption) and hard right wall (diffusion)

coeuslee

New Member
Hello all!

My room has a window on the left hand wall which I will be having absorption on the left side with thick curtains and some absorption panels. However, to prevent the room sounding too dead, I planned to put diffusors on the right wall.

I couldn't get my head around whether having absorption on left wall and diffusion on right wall with throw the imaging out of balance. Having read about this elsewhere, it seems to be fine.

http://www.decware.com/p1324.htm


http://www.decware.c...room/myroom.htm


Any thoughts?
 
Register to hide this ad
It's generally recommended to mimic the acoustic response from opposing boundary layers otherwise you'll likely experience some image shift. It's hard to say how severe the perceived image shift might be without knowing exactly what type of devices you're planning on using.
 
Back
Top Bottom